DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

14 hours ago, Craig H said:

GASP!

BTW, I'm just busting Casey's chops on this one. I thought it was a decent enough callback.

Also, unless we're debating the ethics of capitalism in regards to a tentpole movie (and doing so with massive amounts of shitposting and trolling), I don't know what those websites have to do with inequity.

Entertainment Weekly posted a roundtable with the Avengers Six and Feige on YouTube. It's pretty good, no spoilers in it obviously since it's a media tour piece, but Feige does confirm that around the time Endgame comes out on DVD/Blu-ray, either on there or on YouTube/Twitter/etc, they have a BTS featurette of every Stan Lee cameo in the MCU.

Spoiler

That seemingly confirms a fan theory that they split into multiple teams to travel through the MCU's "history", collecting infinity stones for their own gauntlet so they can reverse the Decimation. It would explain the Stark/Cap scene in New York from the Special Look trailer, where Tony looks nothing like 2012 Avengers Tony, and Cap looks like he did during the Battle Of NY.

Just piecing together two or three things based off that short trailer and the Special Look one. It's nothing you haven't read before you read a bunch of fan theories like I do.

On 4/9/2019 at 12:13 PM, odessasteps said:

From a guardian article about spoiler culture

Poor Tom Holland, given such a hard time when Ruffalo literally started to say that Thanos killed half of everyone before catching himself and just saying everyone.

Footage has leaked. It's real. Description is the spoiler box. Seriously, don't click it if you don't want to know ANYTHING. It's all over the place in terms of what's been leaked (a little from all three acts), so... fair warning.

Spoiler

-Professor Hulk sounds just like Mark Ruffalo, and can speak full sentences. He’s seen wearing a tank top and glasses.

-Scott, Hulk, Steve, and Tony travel to the battle of New York to retrieve the mind, space, and time stone. Steve fights his past self.

-Thor is living with Korg and Miek, getting drunk and not caring about what happened. Hulk and Rocket go to get him, and his beard and hair are messy and grown out.

-Hulk tried to wield the Stark gauntlet, but it appears to be too powerful for him.

-Steve dual wields his shield and Mjolnir, it’s unclear how mjolnir comes back. Thor still has Stormbreaker, possible meaning he’s become unworthy due to him neglecting his duties.

-Sam is the first dusted avenger to come back, we hear him say to Steve “On Your Left,” then we see T’challa and Shuri coming out of a portal, and Sam flying out.

-Big scene with all the Avengers, including Wasp, the Guardians, Spider-Man, vs Thanos and a revived Black Order. It looks like the big fight in Ready Player One, but we actually care about the characters

-Stark reunites with Peter and gives him a hug

-Carol gets the short hair she has in recent comics, and Peter Parker gives her the Stark Gauntlet

I repeat: Do. Not. Click. If you want to avoid spoilers. Some big moments in there.

This is just a retrospective with maybe like 10 seconds of new footage. Mainly recapping all of the movies that's came before Endgame, with narrations from various characters over footage from the movies. Gave me some serious goosebumps, though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Casey said:

This is just a retrospective with maybe like 10 seconds of new footage. Mainly recapping all of the movies that's came before Endgame, with narrations from various characters over footage from the movies. Gave me some serious goosebumps, though.

Cheers. Amazing journey Marvel Studios' Marvel Cinematic Universe has provided us. 

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Seeing it on the 27th and I can't wait. Wish I could go see it on Thursday if just to not have additional days where I'm avoiding spoilers.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Seeing it on the 27th and I can't wait. Wish I could go see it on Thursday if just to not have additional days where I'm avoiding spoilers.

I'm going with my Dad on the 26th, Friday night.

73wod4rzzss21.jpg?width=788&auto=webp&s=

There's no way this is a coincidence. Only missing one fist to make it completely accurate to the top image, but any number of characters could have been CGI'd out.

Spoiler

WNBB knows what I'm talking about.

Just bring my thoughts to this thread:

If I'm Disney, I'm building the post-Endgame series toward Avengers vs. X-Men, maybe via Secret Wars, 1980s style.  Or, hell, Squadron Supreme (shit, Avengers vs. ersatz Justice League, on screen ... could you imagine?)

Oh, and Captain America films going forward should feature the Serpent Society.