DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

22 hours ago, AxB said:

Like Casualties of War, with Michael J Fox? Only 20 years earlier. 

If they're actually making a Black Widow movie and intending it to be (at least partly) a prequel, presumably it's going to be slightly about how Nick Fury spent over two decades trying to form the Avengers but only really got Widow and Hawkeye on board before Iron Man fell in his lap in 2008. Unless they have a few characters like USAgent and that come in and die horribly.

I've kinda thought this is the appropriate direction ever since seeing Carol's movie.  Explain "Budapest" or whatever city the average person can't find with a map and both hands that Nat & Clint were discussing, and have some catastrophic event occur where the team loses and loses bad - a Rogue One-level downer sort of film.  Puts Fury on the Path of the Grump and links up the rest of the pieces on the way towards Iron Man.  Could even see some B-lister who...

Ooooh, wouldn't it be nifty if they threw Simon Williams into this movie and had him use the Tesseract to blast some Big Bad, "sacrificing" himself in the process (but he turns into Wonder Man along the way)...maybe he's there on location filming a movie and gets caught up in some crazy bullshit.  But didn't they already try putting Nathan Fillion into the role via a few Easter Eggs?  He's going to need some Sam Jackson-quality de-aging these days.

Edited by Contentious C

4 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Is this the first confirmation that Shuri died?

Yeah, I think so, as well as the first confirmation that Valk and Wong didn't.  Happy getting a poster is kinda odd though.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Wasn't she on the "missing" screen Banner was looking at in the first teaser? 

Yeah, but so was Scott Lang and that's proven to be wrong at the end of said trailer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

First line of greyed out - female on the far right and guy next to Captain Marvel. Who are they?

Hope van Dyne/the Wasp from Ant-Man series. Guy to the left of Captain Marvel is Wong, he's in Doctor Strange and Avengers: Infinity War. On the other side of Captain Marvel is Happy Hogan from the Iron Man series, he also appeared in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Contentious C said:

I've kinda thought this is the appropriate direction ever since seeing Carol's movie.  Explain "Budapest" or whatever city the average person can't find with a map and both hands that Nat & Clint were discussing, and have some catastrophic event occur where the team loses and loses bad - a Rogue One-level downer sort of film.  Puts Fury on the Path of the Grump and links up the rest of the pieces on the way towards Iron Man.  Could even see some B-lister who...

Ooooh, wouldn't it be nifty if they threw Simon Williams into this movie and had him use the Tesseract to blast some Big Bad, "sacrificing" himself in the process (but he turns into Wonder Man along the way)...maybe he's there on location filming a movie and gets caught up in some crazy bullshit.  But didn't they already try putting Nathan Fillion into the role via a few Easter Eggs?  He's going to need some Sam Jackson-quality de-aging these days.

I think the Simon Williams movie posters were on set in GotG2 but not actually visible in the movie. Maybe if you're pausing the Blu-Ray at an exact split second moment.

If they do have an Avengers Rogue One idea, that could explain why Clint and Natasha weren't that upset when Coulson died, even though logically they should have been closer to him than anyone else. And because it was Clint's fault (sort of). Who else do you put in the team as a pre-Avengers jobber? An updated version of the fake Captain America who supported McCarthyism? Android Human Torch? A less isolationist young T'Chaka?

On 3/14/2019 at 8:00 AM, Craig H said:

This one? "As long as one man stands against you, you'll never be able to claim victory."

On 3/14/2019 at 8:01 AM, Casey said:

"Noble sentiments from one who is about to die."

"I've lived my life by those sentiments. They're well worth dying for."

I can hear it in Evans's voice. 

I might be tearing up already. . .

• Like 2

Not that this is any great detective work but has this theory been out there yet? 

Spoiler

Surprise cameo by Cate Blanchett as Hela. She’s not in the cast list, but Hela was just introduced as a character in Marvel Puzzle Quest. And it would make sense to use her instead of the purpled robed skull lady if Thanos gets to meet Death.

@odessasteps

Spoiler

There's theories out there that Thor and Rocket and/or Valkyrie go to Hel and raise Hela's army with her permission or something, but that makes little to no sense. Your theory sounds better, but I don't think they're going to go the "Thanos is trying to impress Death" route since they gave him a legit motive in Infinity War.

We talked about Doom casting choices a few pages back I thought. The best I saw was Ralph Fiennes and the more I think about that, the more I think that would be the shit.

Just let him channel his performances as Red Dragon and Voldemort.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 2