DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

Vincent Cassel would be great, but I doubt he’d have the kind of name value Marvel would seek out for a part like Doom. Fiennes would be a decent shout. Hard pass on Whishaw. 

How about calling up Fassbender and ignoring that he was ever Magneto? 

Weirdo dream choice: Daniel Craig. 

A shame Mads Mikkelson was already in Doctor Strange. 

Christopher Hijvu if they're having a man in a suit. Christof Waltz if it's just voice acting. But if they want a name above the title level star... is Matt Damon any good with accents? Or Karl Urban?

Oh. Yeah, he was. Never mind him then. Matt Damon then. Get the whole Mr Ripley triumvirate in the MCU. Also it will really annoy Ben Affleck that Damon got to be a more iconic superhero character.

nb: I'm not saying Dr Doom is more iconic than Batman. I'm saying Matt Doomon would be more iconic than Batffleck.

They hardly bothered to explain Thanos' backstory except for a few minutes in Infinity War, so presumably Dr. Doom would only need a famous voice to go with the character since his face is covered most of the time.

It pains me to agree with @West Newbury Bad Boy, but DDL would be a good shout (for his voice).

• Like 1

Black Widow movie makes a lot more sense than Eternals, especially if they own X-Men film rights now.

She's at least one of their bigger established heroes and has been featured in tons of films at this point.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

A shame DDL wouldn’t return Feige’s calls. And is “retired.”

Edit: Actual dream choice: Timothy Dalton. Why hasn’t Timothy Dalton been in the MCU yet? 

He's on Doom Patrol now. 

I keep forgetting they're going to do an Eternals movie. That might be the biggest head scratcher for me of all of their movies.

Then again, I was probably the first to go all in on the Guardians of the Galaxy and say that was going to be the dopest shit ever while a bunch of others were eh on it after the first trailer. Maybe there's someone on here who will see how awesome an Eternals movie could be and I'll fall in line once the thing is released.

The Eternals always seemed like Kirby's take on the Justice League, although with the usual grandness of Kirby ideas mixed in with it.  This could be Feige's FU to Warners for rushing the Shazam movie to confuse the marketplace.

The Eternals always seemed like Kirby's take on the Justice League, although with the usual grandness of Kirby ideas mixed in with it.  This could be Feige's FU to Warners for rushing the Shazam movie to confuse the marketplace.

I don't think what we see on the screen will be representative of that notion. From the few comments that have been made so far, I'm expecting something more like Sense8 or Midnight Nation, basically "Inhumans done right" with a very strong emphasis towards diversity and identity as driving themes (especially if they lean heavily on the deviants as well, which I'm not sure they'll do). I could be completely wrong, mind you. I could also see it veering towards Wicked + Divine and everything filtered through the lens of celebrity instead.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they adapted Gaiman’s series more than the 70s Kirby stuff, esp if they could get Neil to contribute. 

Gaiman is not the world's quickest anything and he's fairly well locked down with American Gods right now. I'd be surprised. I barely remember his series except for the fact that no one really wanted to see Romita Jr art on the project in 2006. I think they're going to try to mesh the big scale with very down to Earth identity stuff as the hook. It's just such an underdefined property that they can do basically anything with it though.

Gaiman isn't showrunning American Gods. He did do the showrunning for Good Omens, specifically because it was one of Terry Pratchett's dying wishes that it be taken care of.

Edited by Ace

Annihilus / Annihilation Wave could be the big post IW story arc to last the next decade or so and fuel dozens of crossovers but now that the X-Men license is 100% Disney, all I want is a fucking big budget Longshot stand alone movie with Spiral and Mojo.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Gaiman isn't showrunning American Gods. He did do the showrunning for Good Omens, specifically because it was one of Terry Pratchett's dying wishes that it be taken care of.

This is true, but my understanding is that he's been much more involved.

Annihilus / Annihilation Wave could be the big post IW story arc to last the next decade or so and fuel dozens of crossovers but now that the X-Men license is 100% Disney, all I want is a fucking big budget Longshot stand alone movie with Spiral and Mojo.

Has there even been a video game with Spiral?

Besides, Longshot is basically begging to go into the next Deadpool movie. 

Longshot: "Hi, I'm Longshot."

Domino: "So? What's your power?"

L: "I'm lucky."

Dom: "But they already have me. And I'm lucky."

L: "Reeeeeeally?"

*90-seconds of out-lucking each other ends with them panting and gasping*

*Eyes lock*

*Cue the make-out, cut to Deadpool watching, mask pulled half up, munching popcorn*

• Haha 3

I can't even picture Annihilus' voice in my head so I can't think of an actor for it whereas with Doom I could think of a bunch of guys who would be great for it.

I always hear this voice in my head whenever I read FF comics and Annihilus is the villain.

but he has this shitty voice in the episode of Hulk & The Agents of SMASH where he's the BBEG.

He sounds closer to the Quintessant Major Domo voice in my head in the FF cartoon.

Edited by J.T.

I don't think Annihilus can carry a multi-movie arc. I liked Annihilation as much as the next guy (way more really) but I think it'd feel like Thor: the Dark World or what not, where the villain was just there to lead an army of creatures. There just isn't enough of an emotional hook. 

Now, if they did Ultron spreading throughout the galaxy with the Phalanx like in Annihilation 2, I think that might work.