DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

8 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

So reading entirely too much into things, it’s interesting that everyone except Thor and Michonne (I’m blanking on her character’s name) are staring in the same general direction.

Okoye.

• Like 1

Much has been made on my Facebook news feed of the multitude of hairstyles that Widow goes through just in the short span of the new trailer.

Now I can't watch it without noticing.

2 hours ago, nate said:

Much has been made on my Facebook news feed of the multitude of hairstyles that Widow goes through just in the short span of the new trailer.

Now I can't watch it without noticing.

Gotta think that means movie's going to happen over a long time period/multiple time periods/dimentions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nate said:

So ... how about that James Gunn news, eh?

Honestly, I wasn't sure whether to post it here or start a new thread. I went with the latter as it's big news and Gunn's original firing got it's own topic.

• Like 1

I'll paraphrase Rippa:   The only reason I'll leave it open, is to know who to ban later. . .

Also, as I said on Facebook.  My hot take after seeing the Endgame trailer is....   I still want to see Shazam more. 

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Honestly, I wasn't sure whether to post it here or start a new thread. I went with the latter as it's big news and Gunn's original firing got it's own topic.

I did not even see that or I'd have let my post go, you beat me by 10 min.

We finally saw Captain Marvel tonight.  I liked everything with Carol and Fury on the hunt they had some good chemistry,  Samuel L. Jackson is a national treasure.  I was less entertained by the action sequences,  I didn't feel the CGI was too good and we've seen far better action in other comic book movies. Brie seemed disinterested in those parts though I understand she was playing a character with no knowledge of her past and identity. I think the cosmic elements were done better in GOTG and Thor Ragnorak.  I think it's a middle of the road MCU flick.  Not bad,  not great.  

I loved the little nods and call backs to certain things within the MCU.  I'm obviously pumped to 1000 for End Game. I can't wait. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

We finally saw Captain Marvel tonight.  I liked everything with Carol and Fury on the hunt they had some good chemistry,  Samuel L. Jackson is a national treasure.  I was less entertained by the action sequences,  I didn't feel the CGI was too good and we've seen far better action in other comic book movies. Brie seemed disinterested in those parts though I understand she was playing a character with no knowledge of her past and identity. I think the cosmic elements were done better in GOTG and Thor Ragnorak.  I think it's a middle of the road MCU flick.  Not bad,  not great.  

I loved the little nods and call backs to certain things within the MCU.  I'm obviously pumped to 1000 for End Game. I can't wait. 

Good review. To me, Captain Marvel is middle to lower MCU movie tier.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Florence Pugh is close to being added to the Black Widow cast.

Folks will probably know her from her roles in Lady MacBeth, Little Drummer Girl and she also played Paige / Saraya Knight in Fighting With My Family.

She'll also be in Ari Aster's follow up to Hereditary, Midsommar.

She's a really good up and coming actress and she has blazing red hair in her most recent celeb photos, so I am going to guess that she will be playing a younger Natasha Romanoff in the Black Widow joint.

• Like 1

A Black Widow movie has been discussed for many years dating back to when she made her first appearance. It seemed like it was close to happening a couple different times. It's something that a lot of people felt should have happened.  It's weird timing now but better now than never.