DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

God, so not only does Pete take his mask off on the regular, Mysterio debuts without his fish bowl and puts it on later.

BOOOOOO~!!

I'm going to go see it anyway.  SO STOKED~!

It looks pretty good, but I have a tough time believing it will be as good as Spider-Verse, which is my new measuring stick for all things Cinematic Spider-Man.

The old measuring stick was Spidey 2.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ace said:

I marked out hardcore for that and it's been my ringtone most of the time since.

33 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I liked the movie, but it peaked there. 

Fucking loved it. Timeless classic that '60s Spider-Man theme.

Who wants some Far From Home (potential) spoilers? This was posted a week ago, and some of it seems to be true based off the FFH trailer. There's also some Endgame spoilers in there, too (the very first bullet point, actually). But, grain of salt, etc etc.

Spoiler
  • Tony Stark is dead.
  • There are four elemental monsters: sand, water, stone & lava.
  • Mysterio is the main villain.
  • Chameleon is the secondary villain.
  • Peter spends most of the movie in the SHIELD stealth suit, then switches to the black/red suit Tony made for him before dying.
  • Final fight is Spider-Man vs Mysterio.
  • Leading up to the final fight, Mysterio beats Spider-Man and compromises SHIELD.
  • Relationship between Peter & Fury is a big focus of the movie. Fury tries to be serious, but Peter constantly cracks jokes.
  • Mysterio uses Chitauri tech. Peter has to ask Vulture to help find him.
  • No helicarrier.
  • Peter is depressed and doesn't want to be Spider-Man anymore at first.
  • He realizes being an Avenger is about always "rebuilding" himself, like Tony always did.
  • Movie ends with Peter and Michelle back in NYC, in a relationship.
  • Beforehand, there's a love triangle between Peter, Michelle and new student Alistair Smythe. Also one between Ned, Flash and Betty.
  • Aunt May & Happy Hogan are dating.
  • JB Smoove's character is a tour guide/chaperone on the trip that keeps getting himself into dangerous situations.
  • Movie has a very comedic tone overall.

Today's rumor is Young Avengers, which feels tricky given Cassie's age and that Vision/Wanda didn't quite get that far along (but of course it could be any young characters).

Has anyone summed up the rumors lately? 

Movies

Eternals

Nova

Black Widow

Young Avengers

Disney+

Loki

Vision/Scarlet Witch

Groot/Rocket Raccoon

Winter Soldier/Falcon

What am I missing?

Looking at the list, the question I have is actually... At what point does Disney/Marvel begin seeing diminishing returns?   

Yes, they got Ant-Man, Dr Cuckoobird, and the Guardians to be hits when they were at best niche sellers in print...  but is there really a market for a full bore Loki or Vision movie?