DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

11 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm pretty sure Scott's mastery of close-up magic is the key to defeating Thanos. I hope the trailer doesn't give too much away. 

You know, if there's never a trailer, this isn't a problem. ;)

• Like 1

I'm interested to see how the Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer is going to work out, since everyone who follows these movies presumably watched Infinity War and knows that Spider-Man is "dead". Unless it's set before Infinity War but after Homecoming and they make that clear, I don't understand anything about the promotional process for this movie.

Saturday will be interesting.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Casey said:

I'm interested to see how the Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer is going to work out, since everyone who follows these movies presumably watched Infinity War and knows that Spider-Man is "dead". Unless it's set before Infinity War but after Homecoming and they make that clear, I don't understand anything about the promotional process for this movie.

Saturday will be interesting.

Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer set to Another One Bites The Dust by Queen.

Ahead of the trailer coming (insert time/day here), I'm going to go ahead and guess the title of the movie is Avengers: Decimation since that's what Thanos' snap is called in the prelude/retelling comics that were recently released.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Ahead of the trailer coming (insert time/day here), I'm going to go ahead and guess the title of the movie is Avengers: Decimation since that's what Thanos' snap is called in the prelude/retelling comics that were recently released.

I'm still thinking it's either Infinite Avengers, Avengers Assemble (ignoring the weird naming overseas), or maybe Avengers Reborn or Avengers Heroes Reborn (unless Fox somehow owns Heroes Reborn for whatever reason).

56 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I like the use of the dust. 

It was a nice touch having the Marvel Studios logo turn to dust followed by the Avengers logo coming together. Very cool.

Surprised they gave away Ronin and Ronin’s reveal in the trailer, but pleasantly surprised they don’t seem to be doing a “Search for Ant-Man” subplot.

3 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

It was a nice touch having the Marvel Studios logo turn to dust followed by the Avengers logo coming together. Very cool.

Surprised they gave away Ronin and Ronin’s reveal in the trailer, but pleasantly surprised they don’t seem to be doing a “Search for Ant-Man” subplot.

Same here. I figured Scott would find a way out of the quantum realm, but part of me wondered if they would have to try and get him out.

So something I wondered about while talking this over with friends last night, but why doesn't Thor just get Tony and Nebula off of Titan using the Bifrost? If he somehow knew exactly where to go in Wakanda to fight everyone off even though he had never been there before and wouldn't have any knowledge of the fight being on Wakanda, then he probably would be the one to get Tony and Nebula back to Earth because surely he could see that too?

Maybe we get that anyway, but it was surprising seeing Tony drifting off in space ready to die. I mean, there's a 0% chance that happens, but it was interesting to see.

I'm so fucking stoked for this. I still can't believe this opens a month after Captain Marvel.

• Like 3