DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

SpiderMan: Homecoming 2 is being prepped under the name Fall of George.  (SM:HC was done under the name Summer of George)

The movie will apparently pick up minutes after Infinity Wars ends. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems everyone wants to work with Marvel Studios these days and we can no count The Dark Knight Trilogy's Gary Oldman among them! He was a huge part of Christopher Nolan's Batman movies but it's easy to imagine him now finding a new role to make his own in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The British actor is currently a fixture on the awards circuit for his stellar performance as Winston Churchill in The Finest Hours and it was on the red carpet of the Screen Actors Guild Awards yesterday that he would be open to receiving a call from Marvel...mainly because his son wants him to! "Marvel hasn’t called me. But now that you mentioned it, if they’re tuning in, my son wants me to!"

According to a new report, Marvel Studios is planning to release Black Widow in 2020. The movie has only just found a screenwriter but if production were to begin next year, it's certainly feasible that it could reach us a little over two years from now. There's still no word on whether or not this could actually be a female-led team-up movie but that's now the prevailing theory among many fans.

Marvel currently has three Phase 4 movies set for release in 2020, with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3the only one currently "confirmed" to be on the way that year by writer and director James Gunn. 

That's probably coming on the May, so that leaves August and November. It's possible Doctor Strange - which came out in November 2016 - could take the latter slot, so a prime summer release for Black Widow seems feasible. We'll just have to wait and see but the signs are all pointing to the character finally getting her due on the big screen in the very near future. 

---

Better late than never.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Casey said:

That’s on the set of Avengers 4, not her solo movie.

Who said anything about that pic coming from the solo movie set?

20 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Could be a Kree uniform and then she gets the red/blue version later. 

(2 toys)

I totally brainfarted on Cap having a Kree military uniform for years before getting the red and blue outfit.

35 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Dumb question too, but this is supposed to be Carol Danvers, right? I would assume Feige wouldn't change that much about the character.

Yeah, she's playing Carol Danvers and Jude Law will be Mar-Vell.

46 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Who said anything about that pic coming from the solo movie set?

Nobody, I was just stating the fact :P she was previously thought to not be in either of the upcoming Avengers movies so people were surprised.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Casey said:

Nobody, I was just stating the fact :P she was previously thought to not be in either of the upcoming Avengers movies so people were surprised.

That's actually a valid point.  I believe Yahoo had to re-edit their article showcasing the CM pics due to massive confusion about the origin of the images.  People assumed that the stills were from the CM movie, but they were actually from the IW set in Atlanta.

Shooting for CM is currently on hiatus and will resume in California in March so that Marvel can take advantage of a hefty tax break.  Cali is tired of losing motion picture business to Georgia.