DVDVR Message Board

SDL Is Chekov's Water Gun - 5/23/2017

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

So apparently SDL ratings went up, so...Jinder=Ratings?

And they were up against a big time Cleveland/Boston game where Boston was leading trying to get the series tied and LeBron had gone to the bench with four fouls.  

• Like 1

I also read that Jinder's celebration video on YouTube already has something like 2 million views already. So people are at least interested in this experiment so far, but I don't see it lasting very long after the initial curiosity wears off. 

• Like 2

I think this was the thread it was mentioned in so I am putting it here

Per Meltzer

Pro Wrestling Sheet reported that there would be the first-ever women’s Money in the Bank match on this show. We’ve had it confirmed that as of right now, that is the plan, that there will be two women’s matches on the PPV, a championship match and the other women in a Money in the Bank ladder match. The idea of a women’s MITB ladder match was talked about for last year’s show, but eventually nixed before it came close to happening. There is a format sheet out this week that officially just says “Women’s match #2" so while planned, it’s not something written down in stone.

51 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Maharaja Mania is running wild!!!!!!

I'm just stunned that there is an Indian fantasy / swords & sandals movie in theaters that is a legit international blockbuster and apparently no one in WWE is even bothering to nibble on the imagery and adopt it to Jinder's gimmick.

There is at least six months worth of ring attire ideas in the trailer alone.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

They're real bad about that. I remember when True Detective season 1 was on, all I could think about was how great it would be if they lifted some of that stuff for the Wyatts.

there's also the Vince doesn't know about Pirates of the Caribbean when they were doing Burchill's pirate gimmick.  And it's not even like that was a cutting edge gimmick.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Charlie M. said:

It's an experiment. Smackdown has always been more of an experimental brand.

First experiment was, "Can we knock WCW Thunder off the air by having a show on Thursdays?"

12 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

That's what people say, but the pilot in April 99 (before the August debut) was just a regular ass show, so if that's the case, that idea died pretty quick.

From what I remember, it was supposed to be a divas heavy show centered mainly around Sable. They nixed that idea before the pilot and just made it a regular show.

20 hours ago, Matt D said:

It was supposed to be an all divas show first, no?

As I remember it was talked about as a one hour show. I can't imagine doing that in 1999, they could not do one watchable segment a show. After the mess with Sable/Debra and Ivory, It seemed like they were ready to abandon the belt again. 

On 5/25/2017 at 3:30 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

With Vince McMahon, Jinder is lucky he didn't get stuck with a snakecharmer gimmick, although there's still time for that.

Well...he did best The Viper...

• Like 2