DVDVR Message Board

SDL Is Chekov's Water Gun - 5/23/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Everything about Jinder's segment seemed appropriately main event, but his promo wasn't equal to everything else. Monotone, his voice cracking and half gone, "you people" to begin every sentence... still, not a bad start, considering you'd expect him to be a little hoarse, a little nervous.

-I hope the Fashion Police aren't done as challengers.

-Thankfully, Nak didn't try to cut a promo with his mouth guard still in, this week. Makes a difference. 

• Like 2

They should just pay the money and have the dancers for Jinder every week.

Main Event started a bit slow but really got good by the end. I liked how they're teasing Nakamura vs Styles for down the line. AJ's jealousy will build and build until he finally snaps on Nakamura.

The women's tag was much better than expected. I wish their were more people around for Becky and Charlotte to have tag matches against because I liked the formula of Becky selling and Charlotte doing the hard hitting hot tag. Carmella was even good in it!

I was hoping they might actually put the belts on the Fashion Police. I'd be down with another match at the PPV without any comedy.

I was really hoping Fabreeze was winning the titles. I've enjoyed the hell out of their run and hope they continue as a team. They're much better off together than they would be as singles.

I was into the main event. Even Ziggler can't bring down a match with AJ, KO, and Nakamura.

Jinder celebration. Pass. The Yankees game is much more important than Jinder Mahal.

• Like 1

Not sure where they are going with Corbin getting such  quick loss to Sami, but I did love him obliterating Sami in the aftermath.

The women's tag was fun, and I'm looking forward to next's week no 1 contender's match. Not sure who wins sicne I don't see it as the end of the feud with the Welcome Comitte. It would be nice to see Charlotte and Naomi get a match where they can go all out. I really sug Naomi on Talking Smack. I really want them to let her have a decent reign.

The Fashion Files delivered once again. I missed the bulk of the second singles due to my power going out for a short bit, but I do hope the Fashion Police get another shot at the belts.

Main event seemed decent enough.

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

tumblr_oqfl2fK5CF1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

This was my second favourite part of the promo.  The best being Nakamura dropping to his knees and Baron Corbin giving a "What's WITH this guy?" look.

Also, that opening promo was weird, right?  Shane McMahon announces 5 basically random guys to compete in the 6-pack challenge.  KO comes down and gives him shit, and Shane immediately backs down and puts him in the match.  Is that shellshock from AJ attacking him?  Hopefully next week he tells Corbin he's out of the match for attacking Sami Zayn and Corbin says "Like hell I am" and Shane goes "You have a good point, you're back in!"  Then they can come out with a Shane t-shirt that says "ALWAYS BACK DOWN".

I loved the Maharaja's celebration and Charlie M. is right, they should just have the dancers out there for Jinder every week.  Then at a PPV defence, have a great big huge spectacle like this:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

New Day returned on Talking Smack so sadly Fashion Police are going to be vanishing into the same void American Alpha fell into

Liked your post for the points made even thougj I'm hoping this ain't happening.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

Until AJ or Nak cashes in on him, because c'mon, like anyone else is winning MITB.

Wouldn't count Kevin Owens out. Kevin bragging about being Mr. Money in the Bank, teasing cash-ins and becoming the second man to hold the WWE Championship/WWE United States Championship at the same time be entertaining.

With AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn in the Money in the Bank Ladder match, the rest of the event takes a hit. One match show perhaps?

So MITB card potentially looks like:

Jinder (c) vs Orton -WWE Title

Corbin vs Owens vs Styles vs Zayn vs Ziggler vs Nakamura- MITB

Naomi (c) vs ????? - SD Women's Title

Rumored remaining card:

Everyone not involved in women's title match - Women's MITB

Rusev vs ?????

Usos (c) vs Breezango - SD Tag Titles

That still leaves the New Day to have a match.

You can debut a few NXT women in the Women's MITB match to make it to 6 women

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

So MITB card potentially looks like:

Jinder (c) vs Orton -WWE Title

Corbin vs Owens vs Styles vs Zayn vs Ziggler vs Nakamura- MITB

Naomi (c) vs ????? - SD Women's Title

Rumored remaining card:

Everyone not involved in women's title match - Women's MITB

Rusev vs ?????

Usos (c) vs Breezango - SD Tag Titles

That still leaves the New Day to have a match.

You can debut a few NXT women in the Women's MITB match to make it to 6 women

There's going to be a women's MITB Ladder match? Cool.

Rusev vs. Luke Harper would deliver in ring but both need a bigger push more so Mr. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

New Day thrown into the WWE Smackdown Live Tag Team Titles match match making it a triple threat? New Day vs. American Alpha?