DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA Finals Thread(Also, a Semi-final, but whatever.)

Ryan

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

There will be a lot of poor takes coming out of this series but I think most reasonable people still know that LeBron is the best on the court. 

Durant is doing his best to make a debate of it... But +7/-12 pretty much tells you everything.

It tells you his team can't win 40 games without him. Steph Curry's going to leave Golden State for the Pistons, you heard it here first. Golden State will still win 65 after they sign someone else to fill in the hole.

It ain't no way in hell the Pistons sign Steph especially knowing Durant was adamant about keeping this thing together and taking less money BEFORE the series. A sweep where Curry performed well is only going to add to that feeling.

9 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

My conspiracy theory: Robyn Fenty is the great great granddaughter of Mackandal and Cecile Fatiman, cut open the throat of a pig, and put roots on the Cleveland Cavaliers prior to Game 1.

I refuse to believe anything else.

After Game 3, LeBron was quoted as saying that he was "feeling drained," so I can believe that Palo Mayombe could have been a factor.

• Like 1

I think Kevin Love has been the Cavs 2nd most consistent player in these playoffs. Outside 2 or 4 games where Kyrie just took over offensively, I dare say he's been the Cavs second best player without looking at the numbers to verify. Unlike Kyrie, he can actually contribute in other ways when he's not shooting well like yesterday.

That said, they are both liabilities on defense against the Warriors and injury prone. Lebron isn't getting any younger and fair or foul, Kevin Love is never going to win the Kyrie vs. Love trade debate in the public for a couple of reasons. I'll be interested in seeing if the Cavs are going to try to make a wild move in this offseason after this series ends.

50 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

It ain't no way in hell the Pistons sign Steph especially knowing Durant was adamant about keeping this thing together and taking less money BEFORE the series. A sweep where Curry performed well is only going to add to that feeling.

When in doubt, always assume that Ryan is joking around. Or full of shit, whichever you prefer. :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Of course he's full of shit, everyone knows Curry is coming to the Bucks.

The thought of Curry shooting from the outside or dishing to Giannis Antetokounmpo in the paint is actually a frightening thing.

if you could build a feared / respected back court capable of spreading the defense to clear lanes for Giannis to drive, the Bucks would become a far more viable threat than they are with pure youth going for them right now.

Klay Thompson is the guy to watch.  When Durant signed Klay said he wasn't giving up shit. He did in fact wind up giving up some and he seems cool with it now but I think he will not take less money to stay. They will have to compensate him very well. 

15 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

That's called a joke of things impossible. He's more likely to go to the damn Bucks.

Edit: I didn't read the other responses before posting. Well played. In that case, he's going to Philadelphia.

12 minutes ago, Ryan said:

That's called a joke of things impossible. He's more likely to go to the damn Bucks.

Edit: I didn't read the other responses before posting. Well played. In that case, he's going to Philadelphia.

This is totally off topic but every time I see your avatar the song "Ape Drape" by The Vandals pops into my head and I start humming it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

That's called a joke of things impossible.

Whatever it is, I'm incredibly leery of "The Warriors can play better without ______" takes. We were already bombarded for weeks with The Warriors play better without Kevin Durant. Then, Klay had a bad game 1 offensively and now all of a sudden he is on the block to be moved. It's really peculiar that instead of seeing an obvious potential dynasty that people try to find who is and isn't expendable between the core guys. I'd rather read about Steph's shoes being designed for old white people than read all the "let me hedge my bet while still saying this could all fall apart" articles/listicles since last summer. Throw in some Ayesha & Riley Curry think pieces while you're at it.

I think they would be far worse without one of their core players. That seems obvious. They can't win even 20 games without James Michael McAdoo and his almost literal non-existence.

Man this 3rd quarter has been one of the strangest messes in years.   I still don't know how Draymond is in this game, the distinction between fouls is almost unrecognizable,  and now the Warriors bench are barking at fans and shit.

9 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Imagine Jordan signing with the Magic to join Shaq and Penny after '95  :lol:

Yeah, I highly doubt the dude with titles is signing with a team with no titles when he doesn't have to.

Just now, Elsalvajeloco said:

Yeah, I highly doubt the dude with titles is signing with a team with no titles when he doesn't have to.

I'd like to see Westbrook on the Cavs now.  Kyrie and Westbrook can play either guard position.  Make this like the nWo Hollywood vs. nWo Wolfpac.  

It's scary that the old "LeBron needs more help" is still true.