DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA Finals Thread(Also, a Semi-final, but whatever.)

Ryan

29 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Have at it. Will the Celts make the magical ride to the title?

No, but I'm here for all the hot takes if Boston somehow manages to win game 4.

ONCE AGAIN LEBRON DOESN'T SHOW UP AND SHOWS THE KIND OF QUITTING LITTLE BITCH BOY HE IS AND THE CAVALIERS NEARLY LOSE, LUCKILY KYRIE IRVING, THE REAL SUPERSTAR, SAVED THEM FROM BEING BLOWN OUT AT THE LAST SECOND BY PROVING THE EARTH IS INDEED FLAT!

My hottest of all takes.

• Like 1

This is where Boston missed Thomas but the argument can be made that since he's a defensive liability maybe Boston wouldn't have been that close anyway.  It's an issue moving forward. He's the only guy on the team that can really get it going on his own.  They had great ball movement in the first half but after Kyrie goes bonkers, Cleveland's D starts getting up on them and nobody could make those baskets down the stretch that kill runs. Thomas is great at that.  You desperately need a bucket and he'll hit a contested three or he'll drive and get to the line or he'll break down the D and kick it to Bradley or Crowder.  Oh well. Boston wasn't going to win this series but they've made Cleveland work and you saw tonight why it's so damn important to kick a team when they are down. Yes, Kyrie went off and now Cleveland has the commanding lead but lost in that is Kyrie had to play his ass off and wound up tweaking his ankle. I think he'll be fine but now he has to go back to Boston and play in a close out game that shouldn't be happening. Meanwhile, GSW will be very well rested.  

Racist graffiti on LeBron's LA home, so yeah, there's that. Don't tell me it's just Golden State fans either, that's nowhere near the Bay.

It seems that everyone DVR'd the game. I won't spoil the game.

SPOILER: One team won by 22 points despite one of their best shooters having a porous night on the offensive side of the ball to say the least.

I tuned in for 2 minutes to hear one of the announcers whining about ESPN only giving them a 7% chance for Cleveland to win the series. Of course, not realizing that was based on simulations of the series being played like thousands of times. I think the Vegas odds are a bit higher.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

I tuned in for 2 minutes to hear one of the announcers whining about ESPN only giving them a 7% chance for Cleveland to win the series. Of course, not realizing that was based on simulations of the series being played like thousands of times. I think the Vegas odds are a bit higher.

Listening to Mark Jackson and SVG is easily one of my least favorite parts of the Finals.

I fell asleep at halftime last night and it doesn't sound like I missed much.

I watched into the 3rd quarter but my god was Cleveland sloppy.  Credit to GSW defense also. Both teams shot poorly.  I didn't think it was a good game from either side but it shows you, Cavs have to be perfect to win these games and they were far from it. 

On 6/3/2017 at 0:28 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Cavs have to be perfect to win these games and they were far from it. 

Created a bunch of turnovers.

Kevin Love had a double double.

LeBron had a triple double.

Bench had some solid production.

Still lost by 19.

Cleveland can't just go out and win a game. Execution and effort won't do it. They need Golden State to lose a game.

This was scary tonight. Durant is almost totally cancelling out the LeBron factor.

13 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think Cleveland will have a game at home where they make like 18 threes and pull it out. So they go back down 3-1 and lose game 5. 

It won't matter if Golden State hits 19 threes.

The offense hasn't been the problem for Cleveland.

Just now, Elsalvajeloco said:

It won't matter if Golden State hits 19 threes.

The offense hasn't been the problem for Cleveland.

I'm not expecting Cleveland to outplay them at this point, I'm thinking Cleveland will hit a bunch of threes and the Warriors will miss some open shots.