DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA Finals Thread(Also, a Semi-final, but whatever.)

Ryan

Just now, FluffSnackwell said:

Is there some obvious reason I'm overlooking why the Celtics wouldn't be willing to trade the top pick for Anthony Davis and pair him with Isaiah Thomas?

The people who run New Orleans aren't retarded?  

• Like 4

Just now, FluffSnackwell said:

Is there some obvious reason I'm overlooking why the Celtics wouldn't be willing to trade the top pick for Anthony Davis and pair him with Isaiah Thomas?

There isn't any good reason to find an intricate way to lose to LeBron James?

3 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

It would take that pick, next year's Nets pick, probably a couple other picks, and at least one or two of their young pieces?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

You can do that when you're the best player on your team. 

He is and also the warriors were the favorites in Vegas immediately following their loss last season.  If someone wants to ignore that so be it. Both statements are true. He's both the best player on the team and surrounded by a team that broke records without him. 

The Ball family isn't leaving Los Angeles county to go to Louisiana unless a massive earthquake somehow carries the state of California underneath South America and up into the Gulf of Mexico.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I think you're arguing with yourself. Gonna let you work your way out of that little maze.

1. Warriors win 60+ games and title

2. Warriors win 73 games and blow 3-1 lead

3. Warriors favored to win title in 2016-17 despite blowing the lead

4. Durant, who is a top 3 player in the league, joins the team favored to win the title. 

Unless you dispute that timeline...   :lol:

• Like 1

If the league doesn't arbitrarily suspend Draymond for some nebulous bullshit, last year's Finals is over in five games, the Warriors don't recruit Durant so no super team and they finally run out of steam and lose this year's Finals to the Cavs in seven games. If they make it that far assuming Durant returns to the Thunder.

18 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

1. Warriors win 60+ games and title

2. Warriors win 73 games and blow 3-1 lead

Two led to one and Vegas doesn't decide who wins NBA championships. The people playing the games do. 

Also, how many teams in pro sports who played in the previous season's championship series aren't favored to at least return to said championship series the next year? At the very least, you end up in the top 4. Short of a Florida Marlins fire sale, you would have to botch that something fierce.

1 minute ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Two led to one and Vegas doesn't decide who wins NBA championships. The people playing the games do. 

it was a 73-win  team who had won the title the year before, this isn't just a team that got some lucky bounces. Steph, Klay and Dray are all top 20 players. Iggy is still very good. You are for whatever reason minimizing their talents because KD is better than each individually. I'm not sure why this turned into a "haters must be mad" thread either. Golden State is not a franchise to hate. They built the team with Steph and Klay through the draft, I think everyone respects that and they played a style that was fun to watch.  It's the "superteam" stuff that I don't think will be good for the league. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Golden State is not a franchise to hate.

Yet, you continue to go on w/ useless post after useless post.

1. Kevin Durant is tall.

2. Zaza Pachulia is really tall.

3. The name of the arena is named Oracle.

4. Stay woke?

You're not gonna convince me that scotch taping random things together makes this a worthwhile discussion.

Just now, Elsalvajeloco said:

Yet, you continue to with useless post after useless post.

1. Kevin Durant is tall.

2. Zaza Pachulia is really tall.

3. The name of the arena is named Oracle.

4. Stay woke?

You're not gonna convince me to that scotch taping random things together makes this a worthwhile discussion.

KD is good?  Yeah, no kidding.  What else would you like to add?  Oh, that LeBron is good too. Cool. I don't think anyone here knew that a guy averaging a triple double in the finals was legit so thank you for pointing that out. "players win games"...  hmmm.  Any negativity towards "super teams" and league imbalance is unworthy of discussion, okay.  Oh but wait, the Celtics and the Lakers won a bunch of titles in a different era so that's why I shouldn't bring it up  :D

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Any negativity towards "super teams" and league imbalance is unworthy of discussion

Yes, the league imbalance of having the Bulls, Spurs, Lakers, Pistons, Celtics, Cavs, Heat, and Warriors win damn every championship since the early 80s.

Sidenote: I like that no one made fun of Lawful Metal for saying GSW had the most worthless title ever yet he roots for a team that only won their first title because the best player in perhaps basketball history was on a bus going from every shitstain city to city believing he was a baseball player.

• Like 1

Yes, the league imbalance of having the Bulls, Spurs, Lakers, Pistons, Celtics, Cavs, Heat, and Warriors win damn every championship since the early 80s.

Draft/trades for most of them.  Coming into this season there would be 4 legitimate contenders. Warriors, Cavs, Spurs and OKC (or the Wizards if KD signs there instead).  Leonard goes down in game 1 of the WCF and Durant signs with GSW.  So that leaves two teams in the entire league that have even a sliver of a chance.  

Injuries happen.  So that's 3 teams.  So now the first round is uninteresting, the second round is uninteresting and even the conference finals are uninteresting.  That's not the product I want to see :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Draft/trades for most of them.

Except that doesn't eliminate the imbalance. You don't set the rules for how dynasties are created. Based on the Finals ratings for this year (I'm pretty sure tonight broke a ton of records), we should be glad that you don't.

Except that doesn't eliminate the imbalance. You don't set the rules for how dynasties are created. Based on the Finals ratings for this year (I'm pretty sure tonight broke a ton of records), we should be glad that you don't.

It's not this year where the finals ratings would have been affected anyway. Some in the NBA think more teams will tank because there's no chance at a title for the next couple years. That wouldn't be good. A lot of things could be affected. 

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It's not this year where the finals ratings would have been affected anyway. 

Wait...you do know that Golden State and Cleveland consistently have the highest local and national ratings in league? At what point do people stop caring about LEBRON JAMES, STEPH CURRY, & KEVIN DURANT? We ain't even factored in who they might add to that fray in addition to the notable roleplayers.

Also, who is some? Coming from you...I don't believe that shit.