DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules IX

Dolfan in NYC

17 minutes ago, zev said:

And if one of them gets injured...and they need a new 5th for Survivor Series, or just an extra at The Summer Slam...you know who just happens to be wrapping things up in ROH right now?

Adam Cole (baybay)

Wasn't Cole's ROH swan song the tv tapings after the War of the Worlds ppv?

21 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Wasn't Cole's ROH swan song the tv tapings after the War of the Worlds ppv?

Probably, but I didn't want to rule out any contractual obligations he may still have.

Predictions:

Finn Balor wins the Fatal 5 Way Extreme Rules match. I can see Samoa Joe too.

The Miz takes back the WWE Intercontinental Championship from Dean Ambrose.

Cesaro/Sheamus regain the WWE RAW Tag Team Titles from Hardy Boyz.

Alexa Bliss retains the WWE RAW Women's Championship against Bayley.

Austin Aries bests Neville for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

Rich Swann/Sasha Banks beat Noam Dor/Alicia Fox. Banks deserves better.

13 hours ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

I really hope Dar and Fox pick up the win on Sunday. Their partnership has been constantly entertaining, while Swann and Banks seem to lose all their charisma when paired together

I felt the opposite. I enjoyed Swann/Sasha on RAW and then on 205 Live. 

What a nonsensical PPV.

Why bother having the Kendo Stick on a Pole if both competitors could use it?  I thought the whole point was that the first lady to grab it could use it legally. Anyways, they may have broken Bayley beyond repair tonight.

Why was the referee counting Aries out of the ring in a Submission Match? Why did a DQ spot happen in a Submission Match as well?  Just really frustrating things to take in as a viewer.

Main event was good. I'm looking forward to a Hoss fight with Joe and Brock except for the likely result.

• Like 2

Bayley surpassed her ceiling, now it's been corrected.

This was a much better PPV than the last one, although that was a low bar to hurdle.  I'm going to fucking hate Joe getting subjected to a Brock special next month.

• Like 2

Miz is #1 and the best. Destroying Renee and Ambrose on Raw Talk.

Can't wait for Brock v Joe. It will be the next level up from Lesnar v Goldberg in terms of hoss fights. They should watch Steiner v Goldberg and just throw bombs.

The rest of the card was meh. I love Alexa and I'm glad she retained. Bayley was fun while she lasted though :(

• Like 1

Not only are the Hardy's broken, but Bayley is sure as fuck broken.

I'm in agreement with Peck. Why the fuck is the referee counting Aries out of the ring in a submission match? I hated Aries losing again, btw. The whole cruiserweight division isn't necessary. Just blow it the fuck up. Aries should be on Smackdown with AJ, KO, Nakamura, Harper, Rusev. Putting Austin Aries in there would be a fucking dream for me.

Joe winning was nice if it means he gets to look competitive against Brock. If it's Brock/Ambrose redux, I won't waste my time.

Miz winning the IC title again? The title isn't going to ever mean what it did in the late 80s-early 90s, so whatever. It's not like it's a springboard to bigger things anymore.

• Like 1