DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules IX

Dolfan in NYC

Gah...

NxoDbA5WVCzB0_yFmWPOqHErseyyT4kA5rRrquDf

The matches...

Extreme Rules Fatal Five Way For the #1 Contender Spot for the WWE Universal Championship - Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe

Steel Cage Match For the Raw Tag Team Championship - The Hardy Boys (c) vs. Cesaro & Sheamus

For the WWE Intercontinental Championship, DQ Rule Waived - Dean Ambrose (c) vs. The Miz

Kendo Stick on a Pole Match For the WWE Raw Women's Championship - Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Bayley

Submissions Match For the WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Neville (c) vs. Austin Aries

----

Probably adding Sasha vs Alicia Fox, Goldust vs R Truth, and maybe even adding The Drifter into the IC title match. 

I'm going to this and am praying to the Seven Dieties that this isn't as bad as Backlash.

The Fatal Five Way should be good, hoping for Finn but it'll likely be Seth.  Ideally if all was sorted out I'd have Hardys lose so they can finally Broken, but they'll likely retain because they won't have it sorted out by then.  I'd have Miz win because damnit he should, and there's a decent chance that might happen.  As much as I want Bayley to win Alexa needs to have that long reign because she's tremendous.  My only hope is that Bayley gets "extreme" so people can see she's more than hugs and bubbles.  And I'm going with Neville winning, as much as I like Austin Neville's got a damn good reign going on.

But really, all I'm asking for is that it's not as Backlash.  It's a low bar to go over but I'm feeling fairly confident they'll accomplish that.

• Like 1

I'm guessing the four non-winners of the main event wind up paired off into individual programs.  Last night's tag match kind of hinted at that along with the Balor/Heyman segment.  As much as I'd like to see Joe/Brock, Finn seems the much more likely winner.

Cage match could be fun.  The Hardys have been good since coming back and I'm wondering if Cesamus finally win and end up "breaking" Matt in the process.

Something tells me the IC title match will end with the Chikara type spot of Miz punching himself in the balls when the ref's back is turned and winning by DQ.

If the CW match gets enough time it's got potential to be the match of the night.

Y'all are super-optimistic that it's not gonna be Roman, but it's gonna be Roman. Heyman thing aside, they've been teasing a Bray/Balor feud that they haven't started yet, and Joe/Rollins ended on a roll-up, so that's not done.

On the plus side, beating four guys who are all more popular than him should make Roman look really strong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

Y'all are super-optimistic that it's not gonna be Roman, but it's gonna be Roman. Heyman thing aside, they've been teasing a Bray/Balor feud that they haven't started yet, and Joe/Rollins ended on a roll-up, so that's not done.

On the plus side, beating four guys who are all more popular than him should make Roman look really strong.

Rumblings were that they'll be keeping them apart until Mania, right?

Heyman showing up during Balor's promo on RAW hints that it'll be Balor, unless they're trying to pull a big swerve and make it Rollins. Which would kill Rollins's heat even more.

2 hours ago, Cristobal said:

Yeah, Joe is so popular they shutdown his empty autograph line at WM early so the space could be used to contain the overflow of people that wanted Roman's autograph. 

Joe is the poster child of the JAGs right now.  He is literally just there, especially since HHH and Stephanie are MIA.  The only popular thing about Bray these days is his entrance. Rollins is on shaky ground. Balor has an argument, but they also bounced a beach ball around the arena during his comeback match.

7 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm going to this and am praying to the Seven Dieties that this isn't as bad as Backlash.

The Fatal Five Way should be good, hoping for Finn but it'll likely be Seth.  Ideally if all was sorted out I'd have Hardys lose so they can finally Broken, but they'll likely retain because they won't have it sorted out by then.  I'd have Miz win because damnit he should, and there's a decent chance that might happen.  As much as I want Bayley to win Alexa needs to have that long reign because she's tremendous.  My only hope is that Bayley gets "extreme" so people can see she's more than hugs and bubbles.  And I'm going with Neville winning, as much as I like Austin Neville's got a damn good reign going on.

But really, all I'm asking for is that it's not as Backlash.  It's a low bar to go over but I'm feeling fairly confident they'll accomplish that.

I don't think Extreme Rules will be as bad as Backlash, Extreme Rules tends to be one of the better PPV events. Least you'll get to see Finn Balor this time round.

• Like 1

Since we're talking canes, I wanna see Bayley go full-on Sandman. She's getting ready to crack Alexa when suddenly Izzy stands in front of Alexa. Then Izzy calls Bayley a drunk and says she worships Alexa now.

• Like 13

The DVDVR has some of the best creative minds, even if it is just re-doing Raven/Dreamer/Sandman with Alexa and Bayley. Alexa needs someone to be her Stevie Richards. I guess Blake or Murphy, whichever one she's engaged to would work.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The DVDVR has some of the best creative minds, even if it is just re-doing Raven/Dreamer/Sandman with Alexa and Bayley. Alexa needs someone to be her Stevie Richards. I guess Blake or Murphy, whichever one she's engaged to would work.

I think it's Blake and Bliss for the alliteration, but it could also be Buddy and Bliss for the alliteration. Hope that helps!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vgmastr said:

Sasha/Swann vs. Alicia/Dar announced and instantly becomes the match I'm looking forward to the most.

I figure this will end up being the preshow match

And Swann is doing the job since it is Baltimore

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Can't they just bring back Stevie to be Stevie Richards?

He can bring along his buddies Meanie (JBL's not on RAW, right?) and Nova (to teach everyone all the moves he invented), and join up with Gallows and Anderson, to form....yes...

The bWollet Club.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, zev said:

Can't they just bring back Stevie to be Stevie Richards?

He can bring along his buddies Meanie (JBL's not on RAW, right?) and Nova (to teach everyone all the moves he invented), and join up with Gallows and Anderson, to form....yes...

The bWollet Club.

I hate you 

• Like 3

On 5/29/2017 at 4:48 PM, Vgmastr said:

Sasha/Swann vs. Alicia/Dar announced and instantly becomes the match I'm looking forward to the most.

Of all the matches announced this instantly became the one we're looking forward to the most.  I don't blame anyone if some feel Sasha's "demoted" by doing this.  But her and Swann were great together last night and I'm all in on them doing a mixed tag with Dar/Alicia.  But if Swann loses in his hometown then I won't be mad, just disappointed.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cristobal said:

I hate you 

And if one of them gets injured...and they need a new 5th for Survivor Series, or just an extra at The Summer Slam...you know who just happens to be wrapping things up in ROH right now?

Adam Cole (baybay)

17 minutes ago, zev said:

And if one of them gets injured...and they need a new 5th for Survivor Series, or just an extra at The Summer Slam...you know who just happens to be wrapping things up in ROH right now?

Adam Cole (baybay)

Wasn't Cole's ROH swan song the tv tapings after the War of the Worlds ppv?