DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules IX

Dolfan in NYC

The best thing for the cruiserweight division would be Pete Dunne forearming the shit out of Neville then setting fire to his belt and running the UK/Euro title in it's place, because yeah it's just not required anymore, especially when Finn Balor is in the main events and Kalisto is beating up dudes like Crews. 

For the most part this show was pretty good, Joe/Lesnar will rule. 

• Like 2

Main event started slow but picked up at the end.  A year or two ago I'd be marking out at the thought of a Brock Lesnar/Samoa Joe match, but now I'm just wondering how many suplexes Joe is going to eat before taking the pin. I'm still glad Joe won.

I went to get something out of the kitchen during the Alexa/Bayley match and missed half of it.  It apparently went just over 5 minutes.  How the hell is that a feud blowoff?

Escape the cage gimmicks are usually stupid and this was a grand case of that.  The questionable rule change didn't do any favors either.  There were still some fun moments in the match itself though.  If there's any good side, hopefully they start up the Broken Hardys schtick tomorrow.

The "submissions don't count outside the ring" rule was another that made no sense in the context of the match.  Other than that one part it was easily the best bout of the night.  The CW division just needs to be absorbed by NXT.  The wrestlers are quality and they've got some good angles going but the timeslot for 205 live and the sort of/sort of not it's own thing status it's in is doing it no favors at all.

• Like 1

Samoa Joe's post-match promo is already a million times better than Roman Reigns after he won the Rumble and talked about watching tape.  He gave us the Joe intensity, not this, "I'm going to go home and watch some tape" garbage.

A show full of promising matches ruined by shitty stipulations (Why are you counting DQs and COs in a submission match? Why isn't the main event an elimination match? How dumb are tag cage rules?) and the seeming Spirit Squad level burial of Bayley... whew.

At least The Miz is here to save Raw. MIZ BLESS US EVERYONE

• Like 3

There was only 2 guys that legit should have won that was Finn or Joe.   Bray is a nothing character, Seth is just there right now, and Reigns well his time will be on a bigger stage.   Finn would have been interesting given the size difference but it also has the biggest chance of being a 5 minute squash

• Like 1

By the way the getting a person DQ by attacking their opponent is just getting dumb as fuck.  I mean someone need to explain to me how a manager can slap his own man and somehow that could be a DQ for Ambrose :blink:

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I didn't think it was humanly possible but Bliss-Bayley may actually be a worse feud than Wyatt-Orton.

Well at least Bliss stock has risen because of it.   Nobody ended up winning in that feud

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ErinQuinn said:

I want to get my hopes up for Joe vs Brock, but I also can't shake that Brock hasn't had a competitive non-Undertaker match in years...

Said the same thing. Get to hoping now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I didn't think it was humanly possible but Bliss-Bayley may actually be a worse feud than Wyatt-Orton.

Orton/Bray was way worse with the matches especially at WrestleMania and the promos. Least Alexa Bliss made history and cut that great promo on the post Payback RAW to the RAW Women's division.

• Like 1