DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Seeing Finn Balor Coming - 5/22/2017

Dolfan in NYC

That Heyman segment might as well have been holding up a gigantic neon sign saying FINN BALOR IS WINNING.

Booker got REAL quiet after Cole said Alicia Fox had the best scissors kick in sports entertainment...

• Like 1

It was weird seeing Sasha win with the double knees in the corner but I like that it didn't end with a Bank Statement, still I wish they'd give her and Alicia a little more time.  I think they have a really good match in them.  

I'm into the Goldust stuff, he's back on his original heel persona.  I hope he gets a nice push out of this.   

I love Titus, man.  I want to see him get a whole big stable going.  It has LaVar Ball potential.  

qj1p62.gif

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

That Heyman segment might as well have been holding up a gigantic neon sign saying FINN BALOR IS WINNING.

Booker got REAL quiet after Cole said Alicia Fox had the best scissors kick in sports entertainment...

Scissors kick vs ask kick

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

"Finn Baylor"

Good job, Kurt. 

On the plus side, it was nice to see Wyatt and Joe form the New Natural Disasters.

Is Bray tangentially related to Uncle Fred? 

Lots of matches tonight. I dug Matt/Sheamus and even though they were short Aries/Nese and Alexa/Mickie were pretty good so mostly the last hour. Alexa's knockout punch is just the best. Hated breaking up the Golden Truth but Goldust's promo tonight was cool. I would guess Seth is winning at Extreme Rules instead of Balor. I feel like they started or tried to start a Balor/Wyatt feud but it hasn't really happened yet so they'll do that while Seth wrestles Brock.

I love the sheer randomness of Booker T commentary.  The above comment about the axe kick, meant to provoke him into a response, instead he just goes completely silent.  Cole feeding him the line about WWE having queens, to which Booker brings up Charlotte before mentioning his own wife.  Probably my favourite part of the night was Cole needling him and saying "Aren't you running for office of some sort?" followed by a long pause then Booker just saying "Yes."  It must be infuriating to work with him and try to feed him lines that he won't play off of, but it makes for incredibly entertaining stuff to listen to.

Second favourite part of the night was them showing the still photo of Bayley's back with the kendo stick welt on it and then ONE MOUTHBREATHER wolf whistles as loud as he possibly can.  I just imagine him "Wow...what a hot...back...and it's almost naked!"

Also there were some matches tonight.

59 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

Mickie's comeback sure has fizzled out, huh?

Pretty nothing show this week again. I liked Goldust and Titus but that was like 5% of a 3 hour show.

She needed to stay on Smackdown.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

She needed to stay on Smackdown.

She really wasn't doing much there either outside of the feud with Becky that later transferred to Alexa. They really just didn't think her comeback out that well in general.

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Is Bray tangentially related to Uncle Fred? 

Uncle Fred was Dusty's brother-in-law and Cody and Dustin's uncle. I don't know if any of his uncles (Barry or Kendall Windham) or his dad are connected to the Rhodes' by marriage.