DVDVR Message Board

RIP Chris Cornell

Liam

...god damn it. What the fuck? 

My favorite song of theirs, and one of my favorite ever SNL appearances. Jim Carrey got them the gig, because he refused to host if they couldn't play. (Excuse the tilt, it's to prevent being taken down by the NBC nazis.)

Rock In Peace, man. 

• Like 5

I always liked B-Side Soundgarden tracks like Pretty Noose better than the more popular tracks like Black Hole Sun or Spoonman.

Thank God for the Singles soundtrack for keeping Birth Ritual from fading into obscurity.

• Like 3

Heard about Chris Cornell's passing when the news was read on the radio. Shitter. Distinctive voice. You Know My Name is one of the best ever James Bond themes. On the mobile so please can it be posted? R.I.P.

• Like 1

He had such a great Robert Plant-like voice. Did he ever get to jam with Jimmy, or vice versa with Soundgarden? I know Page sent out a tweet about his passing, which makes me think they knew each other and possibly crossed paths.

One of my favorite things was in the mid 90's, they'd cover Madonna's 'Ray of Light' while on tour.  

Some self-important music writer asked Cornell how he decided to make fun of that particular song. Cornell corrected him by saying that they actually loved the song and it was a little tribute. 

God damn it, I'm going to miss him. I'm so glad I got to see him in concert. 

Fuck this sucks. 

• Like 3

Second to last song he performed last night... 

The last one apparently included a refrain from Zep's "In My Time of Dying", which is sadly ironic. To be honest, I know touring fatigue is a thing, but after watching some of these songs this guy recorded last night, Chris seems incredibly off and in slow motion. Singing and guitar playing speed-wise. 

So, I'm not sure what to think here. 

Vedder should hide in a bunker for the time being. His contemporaries are gone and the Cubs won the WS. 

Kidding aside. It's crazy though. I was saying this to a friend of mine. I know people die when you get older, but now I'm at the age when I'm fully seeing it happen, and am thinking how ridiculous it'll be when Paul, Ringo, the Stones, Krist, Dave etc. (basically naming people we are fans of, but you get it) pass away.