DVDVR Message Board

SDL: DOA - 5/16/2017

Burgundy LaRue

Really? I thought Orton/Corbin was a decent TV match. Clean finish too. Plus Orton started out by trolling people with a headlock. AJ/Jinder was as nothing of an AJ match as you're going to see. Jinder may be huge now but he still wrestles the same way as a he always did.

Ellsworth is turning into such a great heel manager. I loved his freakout when the ref tossed him out.

I want Naomi to succeed but she's gotta spend less time watching Speedball Mike Bailey tapes for moves and more time studying Ricky Steamboat's selling. It's the main thing holding her back as a face. She dies too easily when she's selling.

Fashion Files was good again and Usos have something going with their insane promo style. It's different.

From what I saw, Fabreeze were the stars of the show. DAY ONE IS H? What does that even mean?

First Rhyno & Slater, now Breeze & Fandango. Smackdown has a knack for getting over a team that are an afterthought as singles.

Jesus, Jinder's bacne is frightening.

Yankees baseball takes precedence over WWE.

HOLY CRAP.  Not sure what happened when I posted this thread, but it's showing up four times.  If someone with the power could clear the other three, much appreciated!

The clean pin of Corbin makes no sense to me.  He clubs Zayn backstage, then Orton beats him tidy and neat?  Why should I be invested in Corbin/Zayn after that mess? Not that I was invested in the first place.

I was wondering where Rusev was, since they even showed a Tweet onscreen about his return but...

I thought this was a fun show.  Jinder still needs work, but he's getting there slowly, I think.  One thing he needs is more movez.  He has his finisher, and a variety of big boots.  I think his push would work a lot better if he started out destroying lower-tier guys then moving slowly up through the ranks, then winning a #1 contender match.  I'd like to see him go after the tag titles after he loses to Orton, because I think Jinder and Twin Magic Singhs could be a lot of fun.

Corbin-Orton was great.  I thought the ending made so much sense because Corbin did the spring around the ring spot and nailed Orton, did it again and Orton was sort of ready before Corbin clobbered him again, then caught him for the win on the third try.  Emphasizes Corbin's youth and how he's getting there, but still has a ways to go.

Not really feeling the Owens-Styles feud.  I'm just not interested at all, which is weird.  It's probably AJ going for braggy, sneaky heel to smiling, joking face overnight.

Women's stuff was all right.  But Charlotte looked like an idiot walking around the ring in her robe.

Dug the Fashion Police and women's division. Corbin/Orton was solid. The two meshed far better than I expected given the styles and general motivation of Orton.

I dug Rowan's appearance on Talking Smack. It managed to come across well in being creepy and uncomfortable.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Jesus, Jinder's bacne is frightening.

When they moved to HD they told everyone to stop spray tanning because of that. I can't imagine how horrifying it must look on those really fancy 4K televisions.

• Like 1

Also, I laughed really hard at Phillips calling Breezango somthing along he lines of a couple "Smokeys", and JBL going "What are you talking about?" then Phillips saying "Smokey is a term for a cop, get with it Byron!" and Saxton quietly goes "That was John!"

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

When they moved to HD they told everyone to stop spray tanning because of that. I can't imagine how horrifying it must look on those really fancy 4K televisions.

Jinder's backne looks to be spreading like the disease that comes from taking all those roids.  It is covering his shoulders and down to his arm.  

• Like 1

Clearly Dolph Ziggler never got the spray tanning memo.

At same point someone should really tell him that it is obvious he doesn't spray his armpits

Dude, the drawback from WWE super muscular guys is that they apparently can't reach their backs because ew. You can connect the dots and draw the Mona Lisa on some of these motherfucker's backs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyuubi said:

Dude, the drawback from WWE super muscular guys is that they apparently can't reach their backs because ew. You can connect the dots and draw the Mona Lisa on some of these motherfucker's backs.

Isn't part of the Bollywood Boyz job to exfoliate Jinder's skin? One should be carrying the body wash while the other carries the loofah sponges.

...or maybe a vallainous plague doctor can clear up Jinder's skin

• Like 1

As long as they keep putting the good parts on Youtube, I'm happy never watching another new WWE show in my life. I was both laughing my ass off and terrified in two videos back to back there. And the Fashion Police putting "NO" "STYLE" on Nakamura's poster was so disingenuous. 

• Like 2