DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Golden Truth, RIP - 5/15/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Was that Balor's first one on one loss on the MR? They really didn't seem to think it was a big deal if it was. The announcers treated him like an underdog against an injured Reigns when he already has a clean win over a healthy Roman. Didn't watch anything else, but for it being around the two hour mark that crowd was surprisingly not dead by average Raw standards.

Roman's Blue Thunder sitdown power bomb on Finn was fantastic.  Reigns/Balor could be built for a long-simmering feud if they only meet up every few months like this.

They need to go full speed ahead with Titus O'Neil as WWE's answer to LaVar Ball. I need Titus Brand sneakers ASAP!

• Like 4

More excellent Alexa Bliss mic work. Nice win for Alicia Fox. Crowd was hot for Dean/Miz, then crapped on the cruiserweights, then got going again for Reigns/Balor which was pretty good. Titus was rather amusing tonight. Also loved Angle in all of his segments. Very sad to see the end of the Golden Truth, always loved their tag remix entrance.

Someone with some knowledge of New Jersey should have written some better material for Alexa, like something about our rampant heroin epidemic, but that's far too risque for WWE in 2017. If we had this problem during the attitude era, Vic Grimes might have been selling dope.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/newarknj/46-arrested-major-n-j-heroin-guns-bust

BTW, the regional medical examiner's building in Newark is one of the foulest smelling places I've ever been. It's as bad as I was warned before the first time I went there.

• Like 1

I enjoyed this show.

Finn-Reigns was fun.

Loved Goldust turning on Truth.  Especially the guy in the front row who flat-out SCREAMED "WHY GOLDUST WHY?"

I also like that they finally decided that instead of Apollo Crews accidentally aligning himself with Titus that he finally decided he liked Titus - or at least preferred him to Enzo - and gave him some actual direction.  His impression of Enzo made me laugh, too.

Still, this show is rapidly turning into the Alexa Bliss show.  She's that good.

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Someone with some knowledge of New Jersey should have written some better material for Alexa, like something about our rampant heroin epidemic, but that's far too risque for WWE in 2017. If we had this problem during the attitude era, Vic Grimes might have been selling dope.

BTW, the regional medical examiner's building in Newark is one of the foulest smelling places I've ever been. It's as bad as I was warned before the first time I went there.

In the words of George Carlin, "kiss her where it smells: take her to NJ." 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Apollo's gimmick should be "Worlds Happiest Heel".

They should show Vince a few clips of Lavar Ball and be like "this is what Titus needs to do". I mean come on, the Titus Brand Shoe would be amazing.

I have to hand it to the WWE. They have successfully killed any interest I had in Seth Rollins. He is a terrible babyface and putting him in a match with Wyatt. I didn't stick around to watch that. At least Balor/Reigns was on at 10pm. That was a good match despite the whole "put way too much sympathy heat on Roman with his injury's" thing. We get it...blah blah blah overcoming odds.

And Alexa, there's so much material on New Jersey. I mean hell, she could have done a whole thing on Newark alone.

42 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Corey Graves was right there but you know WWE.

Sasha/Fox was fun while it lasted. Dug the Alexa/Bayley segment. I skipped the actual Cass/Titus match though I surprisingly enjoyed the pre & post match segments. Cass not even giving a fuck about Apollo striking Enzo post match for his shenanigans was amusing, like even Cass thought Enzo had that coming.

Miz/Dean was solid and got good reactions from the crowd.

I dug the finish. Roman/Finn was so good once again.

I thought the show was decent.

Also, I'm gonna miss Booker when Otunga comes back.  I love when Booker kinda grunts out "MMMM!" whenever someone gets hit with a hard shot, it does way more to get a move over than Michael Cole going "Oh my!"  Also, Booker says at least one perplexing thing per show that just makes the rest of the announcers laugh, like tonight when he said something about "We're in New York..." and both Cole and Graves called him on it and he said "Eh, New York, New Jersey, same thing."

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, caley said:

Also, I'm gonna miss Booker when Otunga comes back.  I love when Booker kinda grunts out "MMMM!" whenever someone gets hit with a hard shot, it does way more to get a move over than Michael Cole going "Oh my!"  Also, Booker says at least one perplexing thing per show that just makes the rest of the announcers laugh, like tonight when he said something about "We're in New York..." and both Cole and Graves called him on it and he said "Eh, New York, New Jersey, same thing."

And of all the responses THAT could have engendered, Cole randomly name-drops Cory Booker (which is double weird given his co- broadcasters are named Corey and Booker) that fell flatter than roadkill on the turnpike. 

So has anyone else noticed Cass is clearly better on the mic than Enzo?

Had a fever most of the night and had forgotten wrestling was on. Was surprised they turned Goldust heel. Think Truth should have fought back some.