DVDVR Message Board

E3 2017

RIPPA

Microsoft's conference didn't really impress although seeing Metro Fuckin' Exodus and Assassin's Creed Origins back to back gave me hope. Until I saw Forza and the debut of a new Porsche and realized, "Yup, Microsoft doesn't have anything for Xbox One X." I really want to see a risky first party IP from Microsoft -- they had their chance with Scalebound but typical Microsoft reared its head and the executive playing with his cellphone while Hideki Kamiya makes a presentation happened.

Sony's conference impressed me more than I thought it would. Monster Fuckin' Hunter World being a thing is amazing. Days Gone looks to tap that itch Horizon: Zero Dawn is tapping. Uncharted: Lost Legacy looks amazing although I get BioShock Infinite Burial At Sea vibes from it. Detroit: Become Human is typical Quantic Dreams wankery where the game is button presses and it's 'cinematic.' God of War might be intriguing although parts of it remind me of Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (especially the combat) but with a close-up TLOU camera. Spider-Man PS4 is more Arkham combat but slightly easier. And Shadow of the Colossus for PS4 reminds me I still haven't played the original PS2 version or the PS3 HD remaster.

I didn't see Nintendo's stuff but Mario + Rabbids has me strangely excited to play X-Com Mario. I wonder if I can rename one of the Rabbids Arn Anderson so he can die too. :( The other Nintendo stuff looks too far away from release (Kirby and Yoshi in particular) and I'm just not that enthused about Super Mario Odyssey, even after a release date and more gameplay. It looks bad and not very fun. I'd really rather have a Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 for Switch with a Super Mario Galaxy 3 announcement.

Oh and The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein II have me excited despite having both and never playing them. I hope Akumu Mode on TEW 2 is easier than on TEW.

• RIPPA unpinned this topic