DVDVR Message Board

E3 2017

RIPPA

I'm legit more excited for Matterfall than any of the games I hadn't seen before today. MVCI will probably be great fun.  Spidey is the people responsible for my very favorite 21st-century franchise doing an open world Spider-Man game, so I'm sure I'll either love it or spend a whole year talking about wasted potential.  But the shit I wasn't previously aware of like Inpatient and Moss and stuff just didn't seem worthy of my freakouts.  Compared to last year where we got the GOW and Spidey reveals (and Death Stranding for whatever that's worth) or 2015.  

Maybe it's just because I'm knee deep in story mode, but it feels really weird that PS4 is getting SUPERHOT VR but never got the original version.

I'm finding myself way too excited to see what Nintendo brings at noon.  But regarding Sony one thing I appreciate is that for the most part they didn't announce games that will come out in 2+ years.  It was stuff coming out either this year (Horizon and Steep DLCs, etc.) or next year (GoW and the like)  The conference itself was good but the crowd sounded dead which hurt it a good bit.  But there was some cool stuff announced.  Shadow looks tremendous and that Detroit game looks a lot better than it did last year when all we knew was about controlling the story.  But I can't say Sony's was better than Ubisoft, both were equally awesome.

I remember being really interested the first time Detroit: Become Human the first time it was shown

Now I am just confused

I guess as long as I don't lose my child in a crowded mall two minutes into the game - I will be fine

Ugh a new Yoshi, Kirby, and Metroid isn't a complete surprise but man I am going to be poor. I've always liked that Nintendo is different, I mean I like the Dark Souls/God of War games and buy them too but man sometimes I just want to be a lil dinosaur and eat things.

Nintendo is definitely going 'all in' on the Switch pretty quickly, with all their franchises having games within the first year and a half (except no Brawl mentioned yet). Not a bad idea after the Wii U debacle but they are doing what they need to do to hook their old fans back in.