DVDVR Message Board

E3 2017

RIPPA

True, but the way Montreal is being taken apart sort of leans towards them not really understanding this. I think the answer on whether or not we get Andromeda DLC will be confirmed by the end of the month when the novel based on the Quarian Ark becomes available.

47 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well Dan touched on it

If they do nothing else to add on to Andromeda it REALLY is going to alienate a lot of folks with Anthem

Even if they do, I'm still pissed. Look at how gorgeous this game looks. Now, compare it to Andromeda. Now realizd its the SAME GOD DAMNED ENGINE. They pulled off how many animators of Andromeda for this shit? 

They rushed out Andromeda after pulling talent and resources from it for years, all for the sake of a money grab. And I dont even dislike Andromeda, but the differences between what they are showing and what they just gave us is fucking horse shit.

Yes - but that was kinda always the way it was presented

They made a big fuss last year about how no matter which console you had - you could play the same games.

It was all like JUST LIKE CELL PHONES!!!

Of course most don't have the audacity to do three in 18 months

Bethesda's conference was kind of disappointing. I guess this means they really have no plans to celebrate Fallout's 20th anniversary. Slightly surprising that none of the three new games were the two brand new IPs that have been mentioned for a year now. Only slightly though as the news coming out in recent weeks about what jobs they are hiring for did seem to hint that they would likely need more time.

Not sure about Creation Club. People in general are pretty vehemently against paid mods though it sort of makes sense considering the platform Bethesda made for console mods and a way to get past Sony's limits for normal mods. I kind of want to hear about it more before I judge. I do see people on twitch pitching massive fits about it already. I'm kind of surprised they would go this route just based on how people reacted last time.

Found a site while reading reddit: https://creationclub.bethesda.net/en

Still more or less paid mods, but more official with proper testing phases and most of the content coming from Bethesda itself and developers under their umbrella.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yes - but that was kinda always the way it was presented

They made a big fuss last year about how no matter which console you had - you could play the same games.

It was all like JUST LIKE CELL PHONES!!!

Of course most don't have the audacity to do three in 18 months

I remember when Sega pulled that shit with Sega 32X, and then gave everyone who bought those a double middle finger when the Sega Saturn came out less than a year later.  And look how that turned out.  This reeks of desperation. Especially when the PS4 Pro didn't exactly set the world on fire.

I lost interest in Anthem the moment I realized it was a co-op open world. Nope. I only shell out video game money for single player experiences. Fuck playing with people. Whoever said everything better with more people never played Overwatch with an angry tween hyped up on Mountain Dew and Doritos calling you every derogatory slur in the book, even those that are not applicable to you.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Kyuubi said:

I lost interest in Anthem the moment I realized it was a co-op open world. Nope. I only shell out video game money for single player experiences. Fuck playing with people. Whoever said everything better with more people never played Overwatch with an angry tween hyped up on Mountain Dew and Doritos calling you every derogatory slur in the book, even those that are not applicable to you.

I saw people who worked on the game tweeting that it will be "single player friendly" so there's that, maybe it will be good.  I like the looks of it. 

I didn't get who Microsoft are targeting with the One X. Being 'the most powerful console' will sell it to some hardcore gamers but a $500 price point will alienate most of their market and they weren't leading that in sales anyway. I wasn't sold on a PS4 Pro and I'm not sold on this either. There's just not a big enough jump in quality to make me drop that sort of money on upgrades to consoles I already have and have no problems with.

At least Sony came ready with Horizon: Zero Dawn to help sell the Pro. What is Microsofts big game announcement? That the most powerful console ever will play games that are 15 years old that my phone can almost play. Makes no sense.

I'm looking forward to Winter of 2018 to see Bungie and Bioware battle for the title of Shittiest Supporter of Their New MMO.

They both have equally impressive track records when it comes to running a pure co-op IP into the ground.

I don't have as many volatile things to say about Bioware as Dan did in regards to Anthem, but I'm also very annoyed that resources and concepts that could've gone to make Andromeda one for the ages were gouged out in favor of a new IP.

Those things may not even guarantee a successful game.  They will certainly make the game pretty, but Bioware has already mismanaged the hell out of SWTOR and I've no faith that they won't also ruin Anthem by infuriating the customer base repeatedly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Those things may not even guarantee a successful game.  They will certainly make the game pretty, but Bioware has already mismanaged the hell out of SWTOR and I've no faith that they won't also ruin Anthem by infuriating the customer base repeatedly.

Then there's all of us Dragon Age fans looking around going, "OK, 3 years, can we even get a teaser? Anything? No? Fine, screw you then."

• Like 1

I didn't watch the Bethesda presser, and I was mostly underwhelmed by the Microsoft one. I have yet to get an Xbox One, and I am debating getting a Scorpio (Now Xbox One X).

I don't think Microsoft wanted to completely alienate anyone just yet, but I think as early as next e3, we will be learning about games that will only run on the One X to take advantage of that console's power. Microsoft hasn't been as adamant as Sony about having every game work on all versions of the console and are going to side more on developer discretion. Plus, if that allows them to net a few exclusives away from Sony, then more power to them I guess.

I am still undecided on whether to just get an S or still pony up for the One X. The price drop on the S means I will be able to find solid bundles within a month or two for under $200 like you can for the original One model currently.

Also, that Sea of Thieves demo was a lot of fun. The snarky commentary actually works for that thing even if it's not in game.

Also, Microsoft announcing cross play for Minecraft between XBox, Windows 10, iPad, and the Switch is a pretty big deal. I think its the first time that Nintendo, Microsoft, and Apple all allowed that type of cross play, I don't care about Minecraft but it may lead to more of it down the road which would be awesome.

Course, Sony wouldn't join in because they are Sony, I wouldn't have expected them to. Kinda feels like the gaming underdogs banding together for a cause while the big dog just looks at them funny and keeps doing what they are doing.