DVDVR Message Board

E3 2017

RIPPA

God - Honestly all I want is the announcement that Andromeda will get DLC

Okay and Red Dead Redemption 2 news would be nice.

Anyhoo - I started the thread because the schedule is out

awazakhaonpuvcfxc061.jpg

I want more info on the new Bioware IP and some gameplay footage of Red Dead 2.

I also want to see all the stuff in Destiny 2 that will disappoint me.

What is Bethesda going to announce?  Fallout 4 DLC? Things about ESO: Morrowind that I will hate?

• Like 1

I'm not quite asking for games you two have mentioned.  The only ones I'm curious about are Fire Pro (covered in another event) and whether WWE 2K18 will make it to Switch so I can take it with me (probably not this year)  Maybe an announcement about the PS4 VR going down in price would be nice, some quality game I'd like to check but the price is too high.

Another thing I would like is for game announcements that aren't for games that take 2 or more years to release.  If you're going to announce a game like Kingdom Hearts 3 and drag ass on it for a couple years (I know they've been busy) then I'd rather not hear about it until it's closer to release.

I'd love for Sony to announce more older games being upgraded, but with FF XII getting the treatment we're just about at the end of that era. I'm guessing if things like Suikoden V and the Shadow Hearts series haven't been done, they won't be.

Then it's just getting teased more about Kingdom Hearts III.

Ubisoft had its earnings report today and said that AC (the one set in Egypt), Crew 2, the South Park game and Far Cry 5 will all be out in the upcoming year so there are things that we should see at E3

3 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Did those rumors for Final Fantasy box sets ever prove to be true or false? Seems like E3 would be a good time to announce it.

I was hoping those would be true, or at least an HD Remaster of the 13 trilogy and ports of 8-9 similar to how they released 7.

1 hour ago, Raziel403 said:

Why would the 13 Trilogy, released in HD, need an HD remaster? 

I was generalizing, honestly. It seems that pretty much any port from last generation to this is consider an "HD Remaster" or "Remaster" of sorts.

The 13 trilogy isn't particularly great, but it just seems like one of the easier things for them to port over.

I did not play game number three in that trilogy, but while games 1 and 2 did not reach the level of earlier FF games I liked them much better than FF XII. (and would also take them above FF VIII, for example, though I did not play FF VIII since 2001 or so, so that game might be better than my memory tells me; I just remember being pissed off about the leveling and the magic system - you are punished for early level gaining and for using magic)

I would assume that Square-Enix will concentrate on the FF VII remake and on Kingdom Hearts III (I think that game was supposed to come on the market late this year / early next year?) at E3.

Take-Two Interactive, the publisher behind 2K and Rockstar, won’t have much at E3 this year. In 2016, 2K had a huge booth on the show floor recreating a Louisiana street to promote Mafia III; this year, Take-Two says it won’t be showing any new games. With Red Dead 2 delayed, all Take-Two has coming in 2017 is NBA 2K18 and WWE 2K18.

Poking around it seems that the most "rumored" games to show at E3 are: (And I should clarify that this is the stuff that doesn't have firm release dates/not shown already etc)

• Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Last of Us 2
  • God of War 5
  • Pokemon Stars
  • The new Bioware IP
  • Dragon Age 4
  • Evil Within 2
  • Wolfenstein: The New Colesses
  • A New Metroid game
  • Infamous 3
  • Super Smash Brothers (the Switch version)
  • Splinter Cell Whatever (I have no idea what number they are on now)
  • Insomanic's Spider-Man

I would be surprised if LoU2 has much of a presence at E3 beyond a cursory "Yes, it's coming" during the PS conference.  They are still very early in development, and they just did a big teaser trailer at PSX.  I bet DAYS GONE will be the zombie game getting the big push, as that's the one Sony will be counting on to move units this holiday (most likely).

I do expect to see a lot of the new God of War and Spider-Man for Sony, though.  And the new Bioware IP in general.  Sucker Punch seems certain to have something to show, but a few months back, the word was they were working on a new IP, not INFAMOUS 3.

A new Metroid game would just be too good to be true.  New Zelda and new Mario in the first year and the promise of new Metroid?  Like, there's just NO WAY Nintendo could get the release of the Switch THAT right.

• Like 1

I'd love to see more of the FF7 remake, but with the recent reports that it was taken away from whichever support studio was working on it and moved in-house, I get the sense it's in some trouble and probably not in any shape to be shown.

The rumor I'm hearing is that Resistance 4 (or maybe a reboot of the series) will be revealed at Sony's presser. I wouldn't be surprised if The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein: The New Colossus are shown. I also think Bethesda will do an Oblivion HD remaster for $20 that is coming out....that day! Also, I think we'll see Dying Light 2 and 4A's next Metro game exclusively for PS4.

8 hours ago, EVA said:

I'd love to see more of the FF7 remake, but with the recent reports that it was taken away from whichever support studio was working on it and moved in-house, I get the sense it's in some trouble and probably not in any shape to be shown.

There was something about both it and KH3 coming out in the next three years. Unless the first episode is ready or nearly ready its probably a safe guess we get nothing

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Poking around it seems that the most "rumored" games to show at E3 are: (And I should clarify that this is the stuff that doesn't have firm release dates/not shown already etc)

• Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Last of Us 2
  • God of War 5
  • Pokemon Stars
  • The new Bioware IP
  • Dragon Age 4
  • Evil Within 2
  • Wolfenstein: The New Colesses
  • A New Metroid game
  • Infamous 3
  • Super Smash Brothers (the Switch version)
  • Splinter Cell Whatever (I have no idea what number they are on now)
  • Insomanic's Spider-Man

If these rumors turn out to be true then that'd make for some rather exciting announcements.  More footage of RDR2, GoW and announcing Infamous 3 would be cool to see.  As for Switch, if I'm Nintendo I would do a proper press conference.  I understand why they would forego that in recent years, but with Switch and the games either out or on the horizon a conference would be the way to go.  If they do announce Smash for Switch and Metroid then that'd generate a lot of excitement for Nintendo fans.  Considering my wife and play Switch all the time we'll be most interested in what they have to say.