DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

I agree but I think people are stuck on the fast food worker part. You can literally replace Arby's with any minimum wage job that someone between the age of 18 and 23 works. My point was his takes are all from the typical person who populates sports talk radio lines and rant about how the dude who left their team is a sellout, is a coward, and will never win elsewhere. I mean he even pre-faced it with "I don't hate the Warriors BUT" which everyone does when they're about go into hater mode. I mean I know this is anti-GSW land but it doesn't make all those "points" less ridiculous. Fucking Sam Presti had three MVPs on one team for several years, and he is complaining about super teams when Durant left a "super team" to play on another "super team" basically (Curry, Klay, and Draymond were all drafted by Golden State unless I'm losing my mind).

I mean he even did some good ole revisionist history that KG didn't want to play with Ray Allen and Paul Pierce.

All I said was an extended "damn" and quoted Chappelle's Show. That's a reaction more than "chiming in." If Niners wants to get hurt over that, then he's taking issue with the wrong fucking guy.

That said, the shit about KD reminded me about when he jumped to GS. It was dumb then and it's still dumb.

• Like 1

I didn't say KG didn't want to play with them.  It's apples and oranges.  They were all on the downside of their prime years and Ainge put it together. Fucking Al Jefferson was involved, he'd go on to be an all-star. It's not even close to the same thing that Durant did.  

Why wouldn't the Warriors win the west?  KD left probably the only team that could beat Golden State and joined Golden State. I'm just a guy on the internet saying I'd have rather seen him lead his own team against the Curry's and the LeBron's of the world.  Who cares. I don't like how it was handled big deal.  I don't think it's good for the game. 

20 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I didn't say KG didn't want to play with them.

. Allen and KG didn't wake up one day and say I want to go play with my friends.

Also, you guys don't determine who can jump from a team or not and at what age. The people with the gifts and talents do that when they have a chance to. He had been with SEA/OKC for what....eight seasons? Around that. People need to get over that it isn't the 80s and 90s anymore. The players have way more control over their careers.

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

:lol: In what universe is that the same thing.   KG and Allen didn't wake up and say I want to go play with my friends. That's not how it happened like at all. 

In the same universe where a person with an obvious development disability like yourself fails to recall what he said.

5 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

In the same universe where a person with an obvious development disability like yourself fails to recall what he said.

Considering I used to work with children who have developmental disabilities I find you using them for insults to be offensive but apart from that it's not what I said at all.  There's a difference. Ainge made trades happen. They agreed to trades to go play with Pierce. They were all older and on losing teams. They weren't friends. They didn't call one another up and set this up via free agency. The Celtics still had to make deals.  The organization had to make moves. This wasn't a scenario where a top 5 player in the prime of his career goes and teams up with other top 5 players to form a super team. 

15 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Considering I used to work with children who have developmental disabilities I find you using them for insults to be offensive 

I find you offensive so we're about even.

15 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Ainge made trades happen. They agreed to trades to go play with Pierce. They were all older and on losing teams. They weren't friends.

Who gives a flying shit about these narratives about what constitutes deals and trades that have integrity? There are teams who made "deals" and "trades" who had to compete with Cleveland and Golden State this year, and they all got balled the fuck up like old homework in the playoffs. I don't give a damn who is friends or not. They are not on my Facebook timeline. These are only things neckbeards who get angry and call into local sports shows because their favorite star stepped out on them care about. In this case, people who don't like that the Warriors are putting their scrotums on the rest of the Western Conference's shoulders on their way to facing the Cavs again for another entertaining NBA finals. 

Yeah, the obvious two best teams are making into the Finals? Yeah, I wanna see that.

1 minute ago, Kuetsar said:

I hope nothing interesting happens until the finals, cause this thread is getting locked soon. . . .

Yes, I would not want to miss out on folks not posting when Golden State wins by like 30+, the subsequent passive aggressive bitching about said GS blowout, and the inevitable three or four posts saying LeBron is the best player in NBA. I would hate to lose out on that riveting conversation. That's premium content you wouldn't be able to find on any other NBA subforum.

18 hours ago, jaedmc said:

It's probably why the MMA section is basically him posting news stories to himself.

History has repeated itself.  We have not learned the hard lessons of the Sprewell Rimz MMA dictatorship.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

History has repeated itself.  We have not learned the hard lessons of the Sprewell Rimz MMA dictatorship.

Rimz is cool. I still text back and forth with him about New Japan and how disappointing Auburn's football program is.

This Super team shit could hurt the NBA real bad in a few years. IF the Warriors continue to bulldoze every team in the west until the Finals, and the Cavs do the same(or the Celtics make THEIR  superteam) ratings, especially playoff ratings, are gonna drop. With the writing on the wall that this is probably the last REALLY big tv deal anyway(Given the stuff going on at the 4 -letter; plus given the way the tv industry continues to splinter, how many other places are going to bidding anyway) they ought to be broading the tv base not shrinking it. The bubble is about to burst(well at the end of the TV contract anyway). And yes, the commissioner(either Stern or the new guy) should have vetoed everyone of the deals from the Celtics forward, like Stern did the Paul deal. 

BTW, Pop did the right thing for his team at the team, hypocrasy or no. When a top three MYP candidate goes down to dirty play,what the fuck else was he supposed to do?("ve never liked the Spurs or Warriors, BTW). As for the deflating his team bullshit, the only to beat the warriors after Kawai went done(and possibly before) is to pull a Kerrigan on Durant, off the court or on, and his presser wasn't a factor at all. . . . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

This Super team shit could hurt the NBA real bad in a few years. IF the Warriors continue to bulldoze every team in the west until the Finals, and the Cavs do the same(or the Celtics make THEIR  superteam) ratings, especially playoff ratings, are gonna drop. With the writing on the wall that this is probably the last REALLY big tv deal anyway(Given the stuff going on at the 4 -letter; plus given the way the tv industry continues to splinter, how many other places are going to bidding anyway) they ought to be broading the tv base not shrinking it. The bubble is about to burst(well at the end of the TV contract anyway). 

By what data is this being calculated by though? Shit, they could drop if the Wizards and Spurs are the two teams in the playoffs. There is no proof that parity is the solution when the Warriors and Cavs draw the highest ratings on national TV. The Christmas game did a huge number.

The problem with the bubble bursting is it's going to be all the way around, not necessarily with the two teams in the NBA finals. Unless it is a team from a big media market like New York, Los Angeles, or Chicago (perhaps Boston as well if they keep this going), it won't matter what team is in the finals. That is something that is out of the hands of Adam Silver and the rest of the execs.

Even if the Superteams were the Knicks and Lakers, if the games are shit, no one is going to watch. I realize the NBA has always had dominant teams, but they were still taken to the limit in the playoffs, at most of the time.  . . 

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

Even if the Superteams were the Knicks and Lakers, if the games are shit, no one is going to watch. I realize the NBA has always had dominant teams, but they were still taken to the limit in the playoffs, at most of the time.  . . 

I feel that it is on the GMs. All the flaws of these teams are being drawn out by playing LeBron James along with Kyrie, and a team with two tremendous shooters and Kevin Durant being an all around physical menace. I think everyone remembers early in the season all the stories about how Golden State gave up too much for Durant and how the bench isn't that good. Now that seems like a brilliant move.

With the way these teams are constructed, they were only going to get so far anyway. You don't need to be a genius to realize James Harden cannot win a Western Conference title by himself nor could Russell Westbrook no matter how great they were during the rest of the season. It looks like Kawhi needs a bit of help too.

LeBron and whoever his deputies happen to be will rule the East until God knows when.

My little conspiracy theory is the NBA will help revive the Lakers (w/ the Clippers being in their twilight) and figure how to keep Boston hot (the Nets and Knicks are lost causes), and those will be your perennial conference title contenders below GS and Cleveland. Everyone else will need a ton of luck and the love of Jesus. The league isn't going to go out of its way to help those teams. They're stocking up pieces to get smoked in the playoffs.

29 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I found it funny that LA got the #2 pick (and most likely Ball) because OF COURSE they did...

I have no idea how good of a player he is, but I think his dad is malignant to team chemistry. Did you see he wanted 2 BILLION FUCKING DOLLARS to get bought out by Nike or whoever for his footwear? But yeah Boston and the Lakers going one and two was a complete coincidence. 

11 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I have no idea how good of a player he is, but I think his dad is malignant to team chemistry. Did you see he wanted 2 BILLION FUCKING DOLLARS to get bought out by Nike or whoever for his footwear? But yeah Boston and the Lakers going one and two was a complete coincidence. 

If LAL survived Kobe's last contract, Jim Buss, being the other team in LA for a few years, and D'Angelo Russell tape recording his teammate, they can survive someone's loquacious, silver tongued daddy. How Lonzo fits in with their team and whether or not Luke Walton is a good coach for a super young squad should worry them more.