DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Spurs definitely would have won if Leonard didn't get injured.  

Have we learned nothing from Thursday night how well relying on one player to be on the court and always on point turns out? If they can't protect a 23 pt lead with or without Kawhi, they are in huge, huge trouble.

4 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Have we learned nothing from Thursday night how well relying on one player to be on the court and always on point turns out? If they can't protect a 23 pt lead with or without Kawhi, they are in huge, huge trouble.

They were huge underdogs to begin with.  I think if Leonard doesn't go down they take game one and then lose game 2 probably by 15 or more.  But they head back to SA 1-1 and are now in a position to make it a very long series.  

But Leonard did go down, they lost it and now I'm thinking 5 games at best.  

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They were huge underdogs to begin with.  I think if Leonard doesn't go down they take game one and then lose game 2 probably by 15 or more.  But they head back to SA 1-1 and are now in a position to make it a very long series.  

But Leonard did go down, they lost it and now I'm thinking 5 games at best.  

They shouldn't have lost GM1 even if he did go down. They were up by as many as 25. How big of a lead do you have to put on Golden State before you feel like your role players like Mills and Simmons can contribute the rest of the way and help keep the lead at a comfortable distance? What the hell happened the David Lee? All these dudes who took advantage of Harden being DOA in GM6 looked out of sorts in the 2nd half of the WCF GM1.

4 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

They shouldn't have lost GM1 even if he did go down. They were up by as many as 25. How big of a lead do you have to put on Golden State before you feel like your role players like Mills and Simmons can contribute the rest of the way and help keep the lead at a comfortable distance?

In this era of the NBA with 3-point shooting and the way 3-point shooters are being paraded to the line, it makes a comeback like that far easier especially when losing a premier defender. 

24 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

In this era of the NBA with 3-point shooting and the way 3-point shooters are being paraded to the line, it makes a comeback like that far easier especially when losing a premiere defender. 

But Golden State put up some really bad shots in the 4th quarter. Really bad. That first three by Steph when he got back into the game with like 7 minutes left in the 4th and Klay's three right around the time Golden State lost their one point lead were horrendous. Those were just two off the top of my head. How the fuck did Curry get the second chance on the three to tie it at 106-106? He should have never gotten that shot off. San Antonio played like they were sleepwalking besides the fouls the refs did call when they were able to get off boards. They had some key shots go in when Golden State cut it to 5 but boy did they choke something fierce after that. Pop got outcoached by MIKE BROWN. MIKE BROWN.

Also, if it was that easy to stage a comeback, teams would be surviving getting blown the fuck out by the Warriors in the first half.

Even if the Spurs had won the game with an injury free Kawhi playing every minute, I would still have the Warriors winning the series. That said, not having Kawhi out there clearly hurt them especially during the last 5 minutes of a close game. If he's done for another game then it's not even debatable. Series done.

Edited by _MJ_

Just now, _MJ_ said:

Even if the Spurs had won the game with an injury free Kawhi playing every minute, I'm would still have the Warriors winning the series. That said not having Kawhi out there clearly would helped during the last 5 minutes of a close game. If he's done for another game then it's not even debatable. Series done.

I like how the San Antonio Spurs are paying LaMarcus Aldridge a ton of money to be a shrinking violet in crunch time of these games. He is the Joanne the Scammer of these playoffs.

5 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Pop's bitching about Zaza rings a little hollow since he had Bruce Bowen out there for years undercutting dudes.

But that's coaching.  He's there to protect his own guys and to go after his competition.  That's what he's paid to do. 

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

But that's coaching.  He's there to protect his own guys and to go after his competition.  That's what he's paid to do. 

And people are allowed to discuss that hypocrisy. That's what comes with coaching.

Just now, Elsalvajeloco said:

And people are allowed to discuss that hypocrisy. That's what comes with coaching.

I don't think it's hypocrisy, it's politicking. It's up to the league and the other coaches to go after Bowen. It's up to him to go after Zaza. If a coach called his own player dirty he wouldn't be a very good coach. 

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't think it's hypocrisy, it's politicking

Yeah, that's pure bullshit. He is a hypocrite, and I don't hate him for being one. There have been tons of coaches like that. He just is one. He's not above being one just because he is a great basketball coach.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2017 at 7:47 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

Yeah, that's pure bullshit. He is a hypocrite, and I don't hate him for being one. There have been tons of coaches like that. He just is one. He's not above being one just because he is a great basketball coach.

If you are playing a team sport where there is any sort of contact, your team has at least one designated goon.  Everyone knows that.

No fan of the Showtime Lakers ever expected Kurt Rambis to score thirty plus points.  Quality fouls = quality minutes.

On 5/15/2017 at 7:42 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't think it's hypocrisy, it's politicking. It's up to the league and the other coaches to go after Bowen. It's up to him to go after Zaza. If a coach called his own player dirty he wouldn't be a very good coach. 

Yeah, that's bullshit.  If Bowen had forced Curry to turn his ankle while trying to shoot a three over his head, everyone in the SA crowd would be complimenting Bowen on his solid defensive play.

I feel badly for Kawhi because blowouts with zero excitement will be bad for B-Ball fans in general, but that's the way it goes in the Playoffs.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I didn't mention anything about how fans react.  I'm talking about Pop and coaching in general.  It's not his job to say whether a foul or act committed by his own player was dirty or not. 

You should probably shut up on this matter since you decided to repurpose the definition of hypocrisy for utter bullshit. Even you knew it didn't make any sense. Therefore, nobody is gonna take your word on the duties of a NBA coach.

"Come on guys, Gregg Popovich isn't being a hypocritical asshole....he is just being willfully ignorant. Clear difference here."