DVDVR Message Board

My "Items Due Soon" Library List

Matt D

Disclaimers: 

1.) This is for the whole family (15 year old, 4 year old) including the pregnant wife who tends to devour a lot of books in her current state. One book is a picture book to continue the assault of baby-is-coming books for the 4 year old. Adventures of Sherlock Holmes was for a big English project for the 15 year old.

2.) I'm actually currently reading Flashman and the Tiger (which I own; I read 1 Flashman book a year. I have 3 left), and just finished The Luminaries (which I was given). I did mostly make it through the Vellitt Boe Hugo nominated short story in the middle (it was okay but it just made me want to reread Amber or Von Bek or something).

3.) I had JUST returned Grave of the Fireflies which I inflicted upon the 15 year old.

-----

New Due Date: 6/5/2017
Title: The adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Format: Book
Renewals Left If Not Requested: 0

Other items checked out to you:

Due Date: 5/13/2017
Title: Moana : the junior novelization
Format: Paperback
Due?: No

Title: The time roads

Title: Treasure planet
Format: DVD (7-day)

Due Date: 5/20/2017
Title: The adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
Renewals Left If Not Requested: 1

Due Date: 5/20/2017
Title: Brother Bear

Due Date: 5/22/2017
Title: Against the tide of years

Due Date: 5/27/2017
Title: Baby love
Renewals Left If Not Requested: 2

Title: The dream-quest of Vellitt Boe
Format: Book - New

Title: Jimmy Zangwow's out-of-this-world, moon pie advent
Renewals Left If Not Requested: 2

• 1 month later...

I've been working in libraries my entire adult life, so this is a dangerous question. Without even listing titles, I can say that I have fiction, nonfiction, music, audiobooks, videogames and a DVD checked out currently. One Interlibrary loan (which is my current department) from Illinois.

Stuff that I can specifically recall having checked out include:

-Grand Theft Auto V (I played it on 360, so wanted to try the XB1 version. We just recently added M-rated games)
-The new Chuck Klosterman book, X.
-A new book about video games (Bit by Bit: How Video Games Transformed Our World)
-The newest Mastodon album.
-Audio verson of The Dead Zone by Stephen King (my daily transit is around an hour each way, so I've been listening to a lot more books than I read for the past few years)
-John Wick 2
-Murder By Death DVD (Alec Guinness, Peter Sellers)

The ILL is an audiobook that I actually finished earlier this week, but I just keep forgetting to take it back in. It's City of Blades by Robert Jackson Bennett. Second book in the Divine Cities trilogy, which I'm absolutely hooked on right now.

• Like 2

X-men: Inferno Vol 1 &2, & Crossovers

X-men: Omnibus Vol. 1 (Claremont & Lee)

Green Arrow Vol. 2 (Rebirth)

Aquaman Vol.2 ( Rebirth)

X-men: Days of Future Past

X-men: X-tinction Agenda

Invincible Vol. 23

All need to be read in the next few weeks. I've read Inferno Vol. 1 just need to turn it in. Read GA & Aquaman, I'm just letting my older brother read them now. I'm close to the end of inferno Crossovers. I also actually have the second volume of Green Lanterns (Rebirth) waiting to pick be up.

So between three libraries I have 65 items out right now. Plus two digital things from Hoopla.

It's mostly manga. Also Jeff Lemire's Black Hammer and the two Nana movies on DVD. And to be fair, I've mowed through about 20-25 such items in the past two weeks.

Regardless.

65 items. My life is a shambles.

I have about 20 items out, but none of them are "due soon" since the library I work at doesn't charge late fees to employees - so we can pretty much keep things as long as we want. 

As I mentioned - all of my son's stuff goes on my card

So he can have upwards of a dozen books at a time (depending on if he is reading a series or not)

And then I continue the dance of every time I go (which is 2 - 3 times a week) - I come home with 3 or 4 DVDs that I never watch