DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 5/9/17

victor

10 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

Harper went out, had two great matches with Orton and Styles and the reward for it is a job to Rowan.  But hey, Rowan's got the new cyber sheep mask!  Push him to the moon!

In Rowan's defense, I do like the steampunk sheep mask.

Harper and Rowan need to go an complete path of destruction to prove that Bray's religious rhetoric was just holding back their true evil. I think Bray is just using the cult leader, religious guru for tax exemption purposes from dad.

• Like 3

Harper is in the same position Sami Zayn and Becky Lynch are in. They're not in any title picture and they can afford to take losses because no matter what they'll remain over and do fine with merch sales

5 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

Harper is in the same position Sami Zayn and Becky Lynch are in. They're not in any title picture and they can afford to take losses because no matter what they'll remain over and do fine with merch sales

Harper has merch?

I hope it's a dirty wifebeater, or a doll that says "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" when you pull its string.

• Like 5

I think he was still using a chokeslam when he first appeared in NXT.  That was his finisher in the indys.

His new finisher was really underwhelming.  I thought he was setting up for some sort of swinging side slam.  Instead, he spun around a few times and did a weak-looking body slam.  It was one of those deals where you scratch your head wondering how the setup could possibly make the move any more painful or effective.  Dreadful.

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Harper has merch?

I hope it's a dirty wifebeater, or a doll that says "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" when you pull its string.

Believe it or not he does have a black tank top for sale, though it's not dirty.  And I didn't know I wanted a doll saying "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" until now.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

A Sid-style powerbomb would work fine for Rowan. 

Didn't he bust out a sweet powerbomb in the #1 Contenders match a few weeks ago? And on Harper too so that means he could use it on almost anyone.

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Believe it or not he does have a black tank top for sale, though it's not dirty.  And I didn't know I wanted a doll saying "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" until now.

I would absolutely buy a Harper plush doll. It's outfit would be the dirty blue jeans and the dirty white wifebeater, and it would have the wildman beard and a big bald spot. It would be so cute!

WWE is missing out on a goldmine. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would absolutely buy a Harper plush doll. It's outfit would be the dirty blue jeans and the dirty white wifebeater, and it would have the wildman beard and a big bald spot. It would be so cute and give you bedbugs/hepatitis.

Fixed

That Becky promo was weird, right?  Where she said "bond" or "bonding" six zillion times (Like last week when they decided to call Nattie's group 'The Welcoming Committee' so Tom Philips commentary went something like "Charlotte was attacked earlier by The Welcoming Committee which puts Naomi at a disadvantage to The Welcoming Committee here, one wonders what side Becky Lynch will choose, whether she'll be with The Welcoming Committee or against The Welcoming Committee.  Also, The Welcoming Committee.  Then again, The Welcoming Committee.").  And then everyone started saying "bond" or "bonding" with Charlotte ending it by saying "I am the greatest...at bonding".  I was really expecting a Gold Bond logo to appear somewhere in the background by the end of it.

Loved The Ascension standing in a closet shouting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caley said:

Fixed

That Becky promo was weird, right?  Where she said "bond" or "bonding" six zillion times (Like last week when they decided to call Nattie's group 'The Welcoming Committee' so Tom Philips commentary went something like "Charlotte was attacked earlier by The Welcoming Committee which puts Naomi at a disadvantage to The Welcoming Committee here, one wonders what side Becky Lynch will choose, whether she'll be with The Welcoming Committee or against The Welcoming Committee.  Also, The Welcoming Committee.  Then again, The Welcoming Committee.").  And then everyone started saying "bond" or "bonding" with Charlotte ending it by saying "I am the greatest...at bonding".  I was really expecting a Gold Bond logo to appear somewhere in the background by the end of it.

Loved The Ascension standing in a closet shouting.

Vince seems to be on a repetition kick lately. Nothing is as bad as them saying TJP about 5000 times during his match the other week to hammer home that name instead of TJ Perkins.

18 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

Vince seems to be on a repetition kick lately. Nothing is as bad as them saying TJP about 5000 times during his match the other week to hammer home that name instead of TJ Perkins.

You're placing a lot of faith in believing that Vince knows who TJ Perkins is. ;)

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Harper has merch?

Iwouldsofuckingbuythatdoll.

• Like 2

I liked this show. Now, to complain about it:

Wow, that really sucked for a British crowd. No-selling KO's French was especially bad manners.

I'm not a fan of jeans and a wife beater being wrestling gear, but I'm even less of a fan of Luke Harper just switching over to Dean's jeans and wife beater look.

I hate the steampunk sheep mask, and think it's indicative of everything they've gotten wrong with the Wyatts.

That "bonding" bit was pretty weird. So was Naomi making her grand entrance just to introduce Becky. I get it was for the crowd, but it's not like they cared.

The advantage of Ortong/Jinder is supposed to be that I can knock off two birds with one stone by fast-forwarding them both on my DVR. This doesn't work when they're stuck in tag matches with people I like.

Other than that, KO is so much better on SD than he was on Raw. That promo on Orton and Mahal to start the show was great. The Fashion Files stuff was excellent again. The main was fun for what it was. Nak laying into Ziggler was good.

I hate what they've done with Sami on the main roster more than anyone else from NXT. At least Bayley is positioned at the top of her division. Sami is now just a fucking joke.

• Like 1

I almost feel like they did that just because Meltzer went on the rant last week trying to be all CLEARLY ENGLISH'S CHARACTER IS MOCKING MAURO!!!!