DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 5/9/17

victor

God I miss spoilers.

Dark match featured Tye Dillinger beating Aiden English

- Randy Orton opens the show, but is interrupted by Jinder Mahal. Mahal shows photos on the TitanTron of his photo shoot with Randy’s World title.

- Kevin Owens, AJ Styles and Baron Corbin also make their way out to have words. Sami Zayn runs in and attacks Corbin, setting up a six-man tag main event (Mahal, KO, Corbin vs. Orton, Styles, Zayn)

- Natalya def. Becky Lynch by roll-up, probably thanks to distraction by Tamina, Carmella & James Ellsworth at ringside

- Backstage talking segment to set up the six-person tag at Backlash, with Naomi, Charlotte Flair & Becky Lynch issuing a challenge to “the Welcoming Committee” (Natalya, Tamina & Carmella)

- Lana video

- FASHION FILES! Featuring Tyler in a bobby hat and ‘Dango dressed as Sherlock Holmes

- Erick Rowan def. Luke Harper with a new finisher

- Ziggler/Nakamura segment. Big pop for Shinsuke, who wants a match tonight. Dolph turns him down, saying he wants it to happen at Backlash. Segment ends with Ziggler attacking “The Artist”

- New Day video

- Breezango def. The Ascension. The Usos come out and cut a promo about how things are gonna get real for the Fashion Police in #12Days

- The Brian Kendrick implores reminds fans to stick around for 205 Live via the Titantron; there will be another Ziggler/Nakamura dark match after that taping

- Mahal, KO, Corbin def. Orton, Styles, Zayn when Jinder pins the champ after Orton hits an RKO on Owens

20 minutes ago, victor said:

- FASHION FILES! Featuring Tyler in a bobby hat and ‘Dango dressed as Sherlock Holmes

I'll be out tonight, but hot damn am I already looking forward to watching this on DVR!  AND we get ourselves a Holla Holla six-man tag match!  This show already looks like it's gonna be much better than Raw.

1 hour ago, victor said:

- Erick Rowan def. Luke Harper with a new finisher

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

d56.gif

It's almost like that angle where Harper got added to the Orton-Wyatt match at WrestleMania was just fan fantasy-booking and Creative has already forgotten about Harper's megapush.

Oh.... wait.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Why not save Rowans vs Harper until BackLash to fill out the rest of the card?

Don't worry. In a few weeks, they'll be teaming again. Maybe they'll finally get the tag title run they should have had 3-4 years ago.

Why Luke Harper continues to get absolutely nothing is maddening. Is the company down on him because his solo run was a failure? He was split from Bray with absolutely no build to it and given an incredibly short IC title run, with no kind of character build or evolution. IIRC, his title reign was less than a month. Nobody could have succeeded under those circumstances. I just don't get what this company doesn't see in a monster that can flat out work. At least a Harper/Orton program would have made sense, as opposed to the Jinder Mahal push out of nowhere. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind Harper and Rowan as tag team champions who did get along because it would make sense. I mean have them feud for a couple months then they have to tag for some reason (some random draw or something) they get a win then they get paired up again and they are successful so D-Bry or Shane keeps booking them in tag match, but the whole time they kept winning in spite of themselves and never fully get along and trust each other. So they kept up a winning streak until they finally challenge for tag titles on some SmackDown PPV and win all while still not fully getting along. Then they continue to defend the tag straps on SmackDown and don't get along then a month or two down the road they lose they straps because they have an argument over who is going to pin someone and it turns into a shoving match until one of them gets rolled up for a pin. And then after they match Rowan and Harper start brawling around ringside and then the feud continues.

This show was so much better than Raw, in spite of Randy and Jinder. Take Orton, Jinder, and Corbin out of the picture; although I've grown to like Corbin. Replace with Harper, Nakamura, and Handsome Rusev. The Smackdown Six of AJ, KO, Sami, Nakamura, Harper, and Rusev could be fucking incredible.

• Like 3

I don't know what it is with the WWE. Harper is interesting, people like him, he has good matches with people. Seems like a no brainer to give him a push. Instead they have him as the odd man out to the lesser more injury prone Wyatt family member.

• Like 2

Since when do they let random little shits run around backstage?  And where were their parents???  That's terrible parenting, leaving your kids unattended with Mojo.

(The one had more believable offense than Dolph though.)

I'm into Fashion Police/Usos and the women's stables. I'm into Nakamura (not Dolph but he needs someone to kill first and Dolph is as good as any in that role).  I'm into Jinder but Orton is still boring me.   AJ Styles and Owens should tear the house down.  

I dug tonight's episode. The women's stuff continues to deliver. Love Charlotte still playing heel. The Fashion Police continue to be fun. The Usos delivered a great promo though I'm with MORELOCK to some extent on it being way too face-esque. The main event was good. Was weird not really getting any guests on Talking Smack. Hope this was a one-off and things are back to the usual setup next week..

9 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

It's almost like that angle where Harper got added to the Orton-Wyatt match at WrestleMania was just fan fantasy-booking and Creative has already forgotten about Harper's megapush.

Oh.... wait.....

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Don't worry. In a few weeks, they'll be teaming again. Maybe they'll finally get the tag title run they should have had 3-4 years ago.

Why Luke Harper continues to get absolutely nothing is maddening. Is the company down on him because his solo run was a failure? He was split from Bray with absolutely no build to it and given an incredibly short IC title run, with no kind of character build or evolution. IIRC, his title reign was less than a month. Nobody could have succeeded under those circumstances. I just don't get what this company doesn't see in a monster that can flat out work. At least a Harper/Orton program would have made sense, as opposed to the Jinder Mahal push out of nowhere. 

3 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I don't know what it is with the WWE. Harper is interesting, people like him, he has good matches with people. Seems like a no brainer to give him a push. Instead they have him as the odd man out to the lesser more injury prone Wyatt family member.

1 hour ago, Rev Ray said:

Harper went out, had two great matches with Orton and Styles and the reward for it is a job to Rowan.  But hey, Rowan's got the new cyber sheep mask!  Push him to the moon!

All this. Luke Harper has a unique look and can fucking wrestle. Now Luke loses to the worst of the Wyatt Family. So frustrating.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am still confused by "new finisher"

Rowan had A finisher?

I remember him using the Torture Rack and a Full Nelson Slam to kill guys in the early tag days of Harper / Rowan.

Then they started using a Vader Rush / Discus Lariat combo dealie before settling on the Dudley Death Drop.