DVDVR Message Board

Recommendations for Web Hosting Companies

RIPPA

So here is the deal

We have been using InMotion to keep this little ship afloat for a few years now. Recently (as in like the last year) their service and reliability has been getting worse and worse (as you may have noticed with some recent downtime).

During the last one - I started poking around on their Twitter mentions and other areas and found that A LOT of folks have been getting dicked over (Like thank god we aren't making money on this website otherwise I would be really really pissed)

Anyway - I have started thinking about switching us to someone else who isn't a dicey.

Our needs are tremendous. Basically it would be nice if they are good at hosting Word Press and don't mind us crushing their servers with an Ipb message board

Now I have no idea if and when I will make a switch... or I should say tell Dean to make the switch (partly because moving companies may or may not mean rebooting the board again) but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask so I can start doing research.

I'm going to tell you HostGator, only because a close friend used it exclusively for everything he did and did for people that hired him to host content.  They do WordPress, and their VPS tiers are pretty good. I can't seem to find a requirement list for running an IPB board, what's our traffic and specs and I can take a gander (Shit, I have knowledge in this subject and work in network for a living, I should pay the board back some way)

Depending how involved you really want to get, you might want to check out DigitalOcean - you could get a droplet (your own virtual server, basically) for probably close to what you were paying.  Just depends if it's powerful enough, and if you want to actually run a server.

I think they have regular hosting packages too.