DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER - Chicago

Dolfan in NYC

13 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Nah, once the new recruits start showing them up, they'll just call Liv and the rest up to the main roster.  You know, like they did with Alexa Bliss.

As much as I like Liv that would be a terrible mistake.  At least with Alexa she's got a great heel promo.   But you may be right.

• Like 1

Whether or not any of them get left behind depends on who is brought into NXT in the coming months, what gimmick/direction they are given, and how much it affects their style. Cross is doing well because she lucked out and came in with the perfect character and direction. Ember basically languished for months doing mostly nothing because they were too lazy to think of a real character for her. Was never fond of Kay in Shimmer, but she is a lot more capable than her NXT lets on. It also took them a good year before they settled her into the current Aussie Mean Girls character. It also would help if Asuka was gone since its clear that the writers are lost at what to do with the division on the whole while she is around.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished this show, too: had watched everything but the Ladder Match...which started off kinda "meh," but had an amazing finishing sequence. Kudos to Ciampa for toughing this out after clearly being injured early. That "decapitation" spot Gargano took with the ladder to the chin was fucking ridiculous!!!! And that German off the ladder? Crazy. 

reat superkick to Ellering: the old guy took it like a stud. And that post-match attack...amazing. Ciampa killed it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally finish watching this show. Such a good show and Dunn/Bate match to me was the MOTN followed by the Tag Team Ladder match. The Ladder match was good, but I enjoyed the Three  Way tag match from TakeOver: Orlando. The Roode/Itami much was fun and felt like it was more entertaining than his two matches with Nakamura as I actually feel asleep during those. I figure it was due to Roode just being boring, but he did a much better job here and along with his match with Strong. A very enjoyable show and the ending angle worked great, too.