DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER - Chicago

Dolfan in NYC

The are taping a week of TV in Chicago too and that is what some of the guys will be doing.

For example - they are now advertising 

Drew Galloway vs Wesley Blake

Aleister Black wrestling 

Oh and Roderick Strong vs. Eric Young is official

So the card is

NXT Champion Bobby Roode defending against Hideo Itami
NXT Women's Champion Asuka defending against Nikki Cross and Ruby Riot in a triple threat match
WWE United Kingdom Champion Tyler Bate defending against Pete Dunne
NXT Tag Team Champions The Authors of Pain defending against DIY in a ladder match
Roderick Strong vs. Eric Young

8 minutes ago, nofuture said:

If Ciampa can't compete, I'd imagine they'll replace him with Ohno or maybe even Lorcan.  I doubt DIY was winning here anyways.

Lorcan is the one guy that I think could actually knock out the AoP. 

He's 100 mph of angst. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Oh fuck EVERYTHING. Ciampa was injured tonight during a house show. Leg injury. Ref threw up the X and he hopped quickly to the back.

It was on the opposite side of the floor from where I was so I couldn't see what actually happened. He did skip right by me quickly on one leg to the back with a pained look on his face. You could pretty much hear the crowd go silent as soon as it happened though. 

If Ciampa can't go combine the Strong/Sanity and tag titles into one match. Strong teams with Gargano vs AOP and Sanity. Move Drew's match to the main show. They probably want to keep AOP and Sanity away from each other, but it's a ladder match no one has to get pinned.

On the conference call - Triple H said Ciampa suffered a sprained ankle luckily not a break or fracture.

He said Ciampa is felling better and as of now - the match is on

If the injury worsens today they will come up with an alternative but they are positive about the match happening

• Like 1

AOP teaming with anyone doesn't make sense to me. Just doesn't fit with their characters. If Ciampa can't go, you'd be better off with Gargano and Ciampa coming out, Ciampa explaining he can't go, saying that he did find a designated hitter, and out comes Ohno.

EDIT: That's good news about Ciampa. Keep it heavily iced all day today and hope it stays strong tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

AOP teaming with anyone doesn't make sense to me.

My proposed match was a triple threat. Ciampa is a tough dude they would probably have to put him in straight jacket to keep him from working the match with anything less than a tear or break.

On 16/05/2017 at 9:55 PM, Marty Sugar said:

To answer the previous question, re: Dunne's and Bate's tattoos...

Dunne has had the knee tattoo for a while (but did get a new one commemorating his dog on his ankle, FWIW), but Bate's forearm is new.

Cheers, @Marty Sugar.

• Like 1

Predictions:

Roode retains the NXT Title against Itami.

Asuka keeps the NXT Women's Title from Riot and Cross.

Authors of Pain remain the NXT Tag Team Champions beating DIY.

Dunne becomes the new UK Champion over Bate.

Strong beats Young.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I'm not certain Roode retains. Primarily because if Itami loses he essentially is dead in the water.

Boy he didn't just lose. He got stomped there at the end.

Owens turning on Jericho was pretty great.

Bate vs. Dunne was an instant classic. MOTY for sure in WWE. It was already a MOTYC and then it just kept getting better.

The rest of the card was enjoyable enough. I thought a lot of the matches were pretty average but had hot finishes which always helps.

• Like 1

Just now, sydneybrown said:

I'll be in the minority, I don't care.  Fucking hated it.  Such a total waste of what could have been a much bigger deal down the line.  

What else is there for them to do as a team, though? If anything, I think it was probably a few months too late in terms of maximum shock value.