DVDVR Message Board

Backlash XIII

Dolfan in NYC

23 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In what world is that a controversial stance?

5 hours ago, AxB said:

Vince McMahon's world. Not Stephanie's though ;)

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh  Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

• Like 4

Im a big Harper fan and honestly I like Rowan matches. Rowan does not get a lot of fanfare on the internet, but with the right opponent his act is quite enjoyable. He is worlds better than those Eli Cottonwood type giants.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Matt788 said:

Im a big Harper fan and honestly I like Rowan matches. Rowan does not get a lot of fanfare on the internet, but with the right opponent his act is quite enjoyable. He is worlds better than those Eli Cottonwood type giants.

Co-sign. Rowan busts his ass in the ring, has some offense which pops and is semi-unique for a guy his size (the latter is mostly about is spin-kick), and he understands facial expressions and working the cameras.

Also, he took a superplex in one of his and Harper's crazy matches against the Usos. It was nuts. Dude's down for anything. 

Harper's better. Duh. But I'm not put off by Rowan. Sucks those two never got a run with the tag belts, but we'll always have NXT and the PPV matches against the Usos. 

• Like 1

Predictions:

Orton retains the WWE Championship against Mahal. Zzzzzzz and belugh.

Owens retains the WWE United States Championship against Styles.

Fashion Police beat Usos for WWE Smackdown Live Tag Team Titles.

Nakamura defeats Ziggler.

Corbin over Zayn.

Welcome Committee beat Naomi/Charlotte/Lynch.

Pre-show:

Harper over Rowan

Tye defeats English

I know they're trying to change the model of these big event shows by having some more experimental matchups, but honestly this card is kinda sad looking and the tickets probably shouldn't be anywhere near as expensive. Last PPV I went to was Judgment Day 2009. That shit had Mickie James/Beth Phoenix, Punk/Umaga, Christian/Swagger, Batista/Orton, Misterio/Jericho, Cena/Big Show, Morrison/Shelton Benjamin, and Edge vs. Jeff Hardy in the main event.

No way should tickets for Jinder/Orton, AJ/Owens and Shinsuke/Ziggler cost more than what I paid for that show.

• Like 2

That's exactly how you DON'T debut someone after massive buildup.

Fuck it, I'm in on Jinder.

Fuck Orton for almost killing the Singhs with those fucking release backdrop drivers on the tables.

• Like 5

Awesome. Something fresh and new in the main event scene. Hope he holds it for the rest of the year at least.

Also fuck Randy Orton for what he just did to the Singh Bros on the announce table. That shit was fucking reckless and if someone did that to him *cough*Kennedy*cough*Kofi*cough* he would be screaming for them to be fired in the middle of the ring.

• Like 6

Just now, Raziel403 said:

Fuck Orton for almost killing the Singhs with those fucking release backdrop drivers on the tables.

Both drops were brutal, but the second driver was ridiculously dangerous.  Orton knew it, too.  His face told the story.

Who had JINDER MAHAL as the 3MB member to hold the WWE championship first? None of us!  Would have made some sweet money if we had.

Fuck Orton.  I don't care.   I'd rather watch The Maharajah and his Bollywood goons bump around.  The writing is on the wall when Jinder is receiving cheers from the crowd in a "let's go Cena, Cena sucks"  fashion.   Nobody cares about Randy Orton now.  

PPV was okay I guess.   Styles and Owens was very good and had a smart finish.  

Sami beating Baron Corbin was surprising.  

Usos vs. Fashion Police was pretty entertaining.  Luke won.  I don't have any real issues with tonight.