DVDVR Message Board

Backlash XIII

Dolfan in NYC

Orton's World Heavyweight Championship run in '11 (I think?) that started with the Christian feud and ended with an induction into the Hall of Pain was legitimately great. He was on fire in the ring, there were interesting storylines, the whole nine yards.

His authority heel run was the fucking worst thing.

• Like 3

I wasn't big on the Orton/Christian feud but the rest of that run was pretty good. Randy has the stink of apathy on him most of the time now. I can't recall who brought it up but he barely held up any of his end on the Wyatt feud. Bray was playing all these mind games (that, admittedly, were pretty dumb) and Randy barely even looked inconvenienced, taking a limo to a haunted house and shit.

Also, Randy is a name they gave Stan's dad in South Park because it's funny for a grown man to be named Randy.

14 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Also, Randy is a name they gave Stan's dad in South Park because it's funny for a grown man to be named Randy.

I bet you wouldn't even say that to Macho Man now, let alone when he was alive. 

• Like 6

Not sure I really buy the unmotivated thing for Orton during this run. He was really good and energetic in the matches with American Alpha, Luke Harper and AJ Styles. It's just the two matches with Bray that have been nothing.

29 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Randy Savage was abs is the exception to the rule.

Macho Man Randy Savage was the exception to every rule. 

• Like 4

Jinder's character and stable right now is infinitely more interesting than JBL's in '04-'05. I don't care much about racist millionaire cowboy.  The difference is he'll be facing an unmotivated Orton whereas JBL had Eddie and a very underrated (for that time period) Cena to work with. 

18 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Randy is WWE's Peter Gibbons. He's also got some Milton in him since we've seen him set the building on fire. I wouldn't put it past Randy to put strychnine in the guacamole.

Strychnine = poop, guacamole = gym bag.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Web Conn said:

So if Randy went on the Indy circuit and teamed with Cody would that make Cody, Lawerance and be the equivalent to the end of Office Space where Peter is working construction with Lawerance and finally happy. Or are Cody and Ted, Michael and Samir and Bastista is Lawerence? 

Fuckin' A.

• Like 4

Personally I'd rank Jushin Liger over Evan Karagias, may be controversial but that's my stance.

• Like 13

On 5/5/2017 at 5:55 PM, Cristobal said:

Even the women on the show are all 29 or older.

That's dangerously close to retirement age for women in WWE. Mickey got made fun of for being old on RAW and she's 10 years younger than all the big Mania performers.

3 hours ago, (BP) said:

To be fair, Mickey could avoid the old lady jokes if she'd stop wrestling in JNCOs. 

I can think of two other stars that just returned that also wear JNCOs. Maybe this is a sign that Mickie is becoming BROKEN. Judging by the SWF angle with Trish, Broken Mickie would be awesome.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If Dolph Ziggler does stand up in a forest and nobody goes to see it, does he still bomb?

I hope not. Bombs are bad for trees and deer.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cristobal said:

Pretty sure that was the joke...

It's Lacelle, Cris. The only man in board history to run a board romance angle (with his own sock puppet, no less). I'm not sure he has the wit to comprehend sarcasm.

17 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In what world is that a controversial stance?

Vince McMahon's world. Not Stephanie's though ;)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AxB said:

It's Lacelle, Cris. The only man in board history to run a board romance angle (with his own sock puppet, no less). I'm not sure he has the wit to comprehend sarcasm.

I never said it was a GOOD joke. 

23 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In what world is that a controversial stance?

5 hours ago, AxB said:

Vince McMahon's world. Not Stephanie's though ;)

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh  Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

• Like 4