DVDVR Message Board

Backlash XIII

Dolfan in NYC

Hey a PPV with people I actually want to see!  Well, some more than others.

For the WWE Championship: Randy Orton (c) vs. Jinder Mahal (w/ The Bollywood Boys)

For the WWE United States Championship: Kevin Owens (c) vs. AJ Styles

For the WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship: The Usos (c) vs. The Fashion Police

Main Roster Debut: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Dolph Ziggler

----

I'm positive the Women's Title will be defended. Probably Naomi/Charlotte.  

Sami Zayn will probably get smashed by Baron Corbin's hands. 

And Becky Lynch will probably put one of the Welcome Committee over, my guess is Tamina. 

2 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

I'm hoping for a Fashion Police title win after last night's promo.

And hey, why not a win for Jinder? It's something new. 

I like Jimmy and Jey as champions, but I would not mind if the Fashion Police did win.

And yeah, I would be down for anyone taking the title off of Orton. The only reason his ass is not as hated as Cena is because Cena existed and quite frankly, Orton deserved a lot more hate than Cena. While Cena's issue was his booking, Orton has no excuse. He just runs everything he is given to the ground. 

I kind of not sure about Owens vs Styles while I like the idea of AJ winning the uS Title, I don't necessarily want him out of the WWE title picture. I am sure we are going to get a 3 month feud out of this. If anything, giving the Title to Styles pretty much means that it is going to get elevated to the same level as the WWE Title if Jinder wins. Or shit even if Randy keeps it. Especially because it means that Shinsuke and Zayn are going to be inevitable challengers to the title and those matches are going to steal the show.

42 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

I'm hoping for a Fashion Police title win after last night's promo.

And hey, why not a win for Jinder? It's something new. 

Even if Brezango loose the titles back to the Uggo's two nights later on SmackDown, them winning at Backlash will be great and if they keep up these vignettes the crowd will pop loud for it. Brezango doesnt need a long run as champs but just a run would be cool.

As for Jinder winning I don't know it would be something new and fresh. Jinder as WWE Champ would all but telegraph a Cena World Title Victory at SummerSlam. Is the WWE touring India soon? Thats when I would project Mahal winning the title right around the tour, then he can loose it when they get back from the tour.

And with the women, I like Eivion's idea. I really want to see a wwomen's ladder match its about time and SmackDown has talented enough women for it. If this whole thing culminates in a Women's Money in the Bank Match at that PPV i'll be happy.

I see what you mean about Jinder, but I'm not sure about the Cena thing. I really think it could be a good title run. Long? I don't know, but I think it'd be a pretty lengthy run. Maybe till October/November. 

Then again, I could be wrong. Either way, it's something I'd like to see. 

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Tamina could use a win. Smackdoen does lack that scary women's wrestler that RAW has on Jax.

Once the shows are combined again, Tamina and Nia need to be paired as the female Faces of Fear.

• Like 8

I wonder if they'll ever have female tag titles? After the tournament, and after the recent signings, I could see them bringing them back. If so, I wonder if they'd count the older reigns, like with the Bomb Angels etc.

3 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I wonder if they'll ever have female tag titles? After the tournament, and after the recent signings, I could see them bringing them back. If so, I wonder if they'd count the older reigns, like with the Bomb Angels etc.

They haven't counted the Cruiserweight or Women's Title lineage/reigns so I doubt it.

@Dolfan in NYC: I'm sorry, but I just now stopped laughing, when your post opens with "a PPV with people I want to see" and the first two names are Randy Orton and Jinder Mahal, it brings the funny... Perhaps not as much as the fact that there are actually people clamoring for a Jinder title run. Yeah, I know Randy Orton sucks, but think about what you're asking for, people. Jinder fucking Mahal? Are you serious?

And Petrol CB: HHH ordering Samoa Joe to leave flaming bags of dogshit on John Cena's porch would also be "new", doesn't mean that I want to see it.

7 minutes ago, OSJ said:

@Dolfan in NYC: I'm sorry, but I just now stopped laughing, when your post opens with "a PPV with people I want to see" and the first two names are Randy Orton and Jinder Mahal, it brings the funny... Perhaps not as much as the fact that there are actually people clamoring for a Jinder title run. Yeah, I know Randy Orton sucks, but think about what you're asking for, people. Jinder fucking Mahal? Are you serious?

And Petrol CB: HHH ordering Samoa Joe to leave flaming bags of dogshit on John Cena's porch would also be "new", doesn't mean that I want to see it.

His exact quote: " Hey a PPV with people I actually want to see!  Well, some more than others."

• Like 3

Just now, Craig H said:

His exact quote: " Hey a PPV with people I actually want to see!  Well, some more than others."

Ah, the perils of speedreading. Makes a good deal more sense, even if it isn't nearly as funny.

I can't see Mahal winning at backlash but I can see him staying in the upper mid card until the India tour where he beats whoever the Champ is, possibly still Orton on the SmackDown before the tour. Then Mahal goes and Main Events the tour of India as champ and the first SmackDown back from the tour he looses it back to Orton. Thats the only way I see Mahal having a World Title run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCM said:

Yeah they'll probably be going nuts for AJ/Owens and Nak. The smark tears when Jinder wins though.

Are there people not on board with this?  I don't read much else other than here but fuck,   Orton as champion is so boring I'd sign up for almost anyone to beat him.  Jinder The Maharajah with his Bollywood stooges would be infinitely more interesting than Orton. 

• Like 2