DVDVR Message Board

Backlash XIII

Dolfan in NYC

11 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

And that answers the previous question; JBL is the answer.  He wasn't doing much of anything before his big singles title run.  This whole push reminds me of JBL and that's not a bad thing, I liked that run. 

Except Bradshaw was a decent worker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badfish69 said:

Anybody is better than Orton.

I don't get how Cena got more hate than Orton. Like forreal, at least Cena tried to put on good matches and was aware of his in-ring weaknesses. Randy is a generic asshole.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

There's going to end up being some weird back story to this, surely, similar to how Virgil got his job by impressing Pat Patterson. Vince sees him lifting a set of weights and is all "God damn, pal", or he's got a gorilla dick. Either or/both.

seems likely

28 minutes ago, caley said:

You know what, I'm not of Indian descent whatsoever, but I have a pretty big smile on my face thinking of all the little kids of Indian descent going to bed tonight going "Wow...I could be WWE champion one day!"  It's pretty awesome, really.

As long as you're juicing, the world is your oyster.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, APO said:

r/squaredcircle went private in protest of Jinder winning. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that was a meta joke about r/The_Donald doing the same thing a few days ago. There's actually a lot of Mahal fans on that subreddit.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I felt the match tonight was B-level PPV main event worthy. 

Only because of Randy and one of the Singhs nearly dying. All Jinder brought was never-ending rest holds and disgusting body close-ups.

Granted JBL's statement match only worked because of Eddie's excessive blade job, but he was still a proven brawler before then at least.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Have Rusev and Lana embrace America and start up the Lex Express for them. 

The more I think about this, the more I want to see it. Like a meta version of Luger's turn. Make no effort to explain why Rusev is now a good guy, or that the fans should like him, have the announcers completely confused as to what he's doing/why he suddenly is waving the US flag around. 

He's naturally likable enough to get cheered anyway, it would totally work.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vince Mcmahon realized just how many of his moneymakers were trained by Rip Rogers. Thus, to honor the Hustler, Orton was told that he would have to take a...well, you know.

And now Drew Macintyre (sp?) can show up on Tuesday asking for a title shot...to prove which member of 3MB is the best. Wrestling can be funny sometimes.

3 hours ago, Cameron Swift said:

I like a good comedy match so the Usos/Fashion Police match was fun. The Uso promos have been ridiculously good lately, so I'm not complaining that they retained, but I would've liked the po-pos to get the win tonight, if only just for a two day title reign.

I loved the fuck out of the match, really fun and super silly, and I agree that the wrong team won, but I am blown away by someone having enjoyed the Uso's fake gangster call and response promos from the last few weeks. My wife and I have been bitching about how insufferable they are to listen to every time they pick up a mic. 

In all fairness, I have never enjoyed them, so it's not as if I'm watching their shit with any kind of open mind. I will admit to enjoying their stuff since the turn a whole lot more than the Haka and face paint days, though.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Ziggler got way too much offense. The match should have been bell rings, kinshasa, match over.

I said the exact same thing when I realized they were going on first. I think that would have been a most excellent way to kick off the show. 

2 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

And whoever laid out Nakamura vs Ziggler must've been the same guy that laid out Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs Berlyn. What a boring anti-showcase of a star that stupid match was.

Those were my thoughts exactly. It could have been somewhat okay had Ziggler had any momentum. But he...well, hadn't. The only explanation I have is that they assume most of their audience watches  NXT anyway, which might be right. In that case they might not have thought of the match as a chance to showcase Nakamura, but to show is ability to hang in competitive matches in the "major leagues". Seemed like commentary tried to put this over, selling Ziggler as a "guy who'd done it all". In the end it was still Dolph Ziggler so it didn't work.

• Like 1

Yeah, the Randy Orton hate is insane here. He didn't intentionally try to injure the Singhs just because you don't like him as a wrestler. Get a grip. If Nak had been delivering that suplex, there wouldn't be a single poster on here calling him reckless. The face in the gifs looks to me like legitimate concern turning quickly to "oh shit the camera is pointed right at my face and I have to kayfabe." Also, looks like Singh #2 rotated into a backflip when he could've just taken the back suplex bump. But Fuck Randy Orton, right?

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Yeah, the Randy Orton hate is insane here. He didn't intentionally try to injure the Singhs just because you don't like him as a wrestler. Get a grip. If Nak had been delivering that suplex, there wouldn't be a single poster on here calling him reckless. The face in the gifs looks to me like legitimate concern turning quickly to "oh shit the camera is pointed right at my face and I have to kayfabe." Also, looks like Singh #2 rotated into a backflip when he could've just taken the back suplex bump. But Fuck Randy Orton, right?

It's kind of the same thing with Seth Rollins. Finn Balor doesn't blame Rollins for his injury at SummerSlam. Neither does Sting. "Accidents happen". But, who gets shit on for those injuries? At least blame both parties since taking a move like that requires participation, but, no.... let's blame the person delivering the move.

100% in agreement with you. Also I can't believe you're the first (seemingly) to notice that that particular Singh Brother did a backflip when he was supposed to do a regular  back suplex bump. It's pretty noticeable when you're watching it, unless you're a person who believes Randy Orton would actually initially rotate someone in mid-air just to... fuck with them? Rib them? I don't know.

46 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

What I said. Orton does chinlocks therefore everything he does needs to be exaggerated beyond belief.