DVDVR Message Board

Backlash XIII

Dolfan in NYC

46 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Yeah, the Randy Orton hate is insane here. He didn't intentionally try to injure the Singhs just because you don't like him as a wrestler. Get a grip. If Nak had been delivering that suplex, there wouldn't be a single poster on here calling him reckless. The face in the gifs looks to me like legitimate concern turning quickly to "oh shit the camera is pointed right at my face and I have to kayfabe." Also, looks like Singh #2 rotated into a backflip when he could've just taken the back suplex bump. But Fuck Randy Orton, right?

What I said. Orton does chinlocks therefore everything he does needs to be exaggerated beyond belief. 

8 hours ago, JCM said:

India is a huge market for WWE and they have a tour coming up. Don't kid yourself as to why Jinder really won the belt.

If that is the new philosophy for attracting fans across the country, the next time the WWE goes to China Neville or Austin Aries should lose the Cruiserweight title to Ho Ho Lun the previous week

14 minutes ago, hammerva said:

If that is the new philosophy for attracting fans across the country, the next time the WWE goes to China Neville or Austin Aries should lose the Cruiserweight title to Ho Ho Lun the previous week

I fully endorse WWE Universal Champion Leo Gao.

C95IGsCW0AE9Yhb.jpg

• Like 9

Is the (groan) backlash against Jinder lessened at all if he doesn't have obvious signs of wellness issues? He's obviously not the first guy or the last guy to use AAS, but i'm having trouble recalling a "top star" dealing with some of the less aesthetically pleasing side effects in such an obvious way.

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Is the (groan) backlash against Jinder lessened at all if he doesn't have obvious signs of wellness issues? 

First : Yes.  Jinder's World title push seems to have directly coincided with his "improved look".  If it's separated by time, or if the push had been more gradual, it wouldn't have been as bad, IMO.

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

He's obviously not the first guy or the last guy to use AAS, but i'm having trouble recalling a "top star" dealing with some of the less aesthetically pleasing side effects in such an obvious way.

(What's AAS?   I haven't heard the term before and Google isn't helping, other than it being an enhancement cycle.)

The biggest one I can still remember is the Rock in early 1999 when he had the gynecomastia surgery and was wearing the track shirt for a few months - he had it on for the Rumble and SVDM PPVs, but ditched it at WrestleMania.  It actually wasn't the worst look ever, but I'm glad it didn't last long.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

First : Yes.  Jinder's World title push seems to have directly coincided with his "improved look".  If it's separated by time, or if the push had been more gradual, it wouldn't have been as bad, IMO.

(What's AAS?   I haven't heard the term before and Google isn't helping, other than it being an enhancement cycle.)

The biggest one I can still remember is the Rock in early 1999 when he had the gynecomastia surgery and was wearing the track shirt for a few months - he had it on for the Rumble and SVDM PPVs, but ditched it at WrestleMania.  It actually wasn't the worst look ever, but I'm glad it didn't last long.

Good call, I completely spaced on that actually.

AAS just stands for androgenic anabolic steroids-- that's what we were supposed to refer to them as in school, and for some reason it's just stuck with me 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

So everyone just exaggerated Randy Orton dangerously dropping two guys on their heads onto a table with release suplexes because we just hate him that much?

I think it's also that he dangerously dropped Gurv on the first one, then did even WORSE on the second one to Harv immediately after.  

(Sorry, I've known these guys for more than ten years, it's going to take a long time to not call them the Sihras. :))

5 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

So everyone just exaggerated Randy Orton dangerously dropping two guys on their heads onto a table with release suplexes because we just hate him that much?

And I thought the White House being filled with Russian spies was a crazy conspiracy theory.

Ken Anderson did something more safe than those suplexes and Orton got him fired, no?

3 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Ken Anderson did something more safe than those suplexes and Orton got him fired, no?

Didn't Orton specifically tell him not to do a specific type of suplex because of his bad shoulders and Anderson did it anyway?  I remember it was something to that regard (and I think it was both Cena *and* Orton that demanded Anderson be fired, not just Orton)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Didn't Orton specifically tell him not to do a specific type of suplex because of his bad shoulders and Anderson did it anyway?  I remember it was something to that regard (and I think it was both Cena *and* Orton that demanded Anderson be fired, not just Orton)

Rings a bell to me.

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

That would probably make WWE a lot more money than what's going on right now on 205 Live.

1 hour ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Someone already mentioned this earlier in thread. It was multiple screw ups adding up. The one with Orton was just the last. And it was supposedly Orton and several other main eventers who made the complaint. Cena was supposedly one of them. I think Taker might have been another.