DVDVR Message Board

Backlash XIII

Dolfan in NYC

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Lets say Vince lost his mind about 27 years ago, who would be the 1990 equivalent to Jinder winning the title? The Warlord was treated as more of threat than Jinder has been treated. I think it would be Paul Roma or Boris Zhukov winning the title.

Nobody really works for that because back then anyone with a gimmick/theme song got to win squash matches on weekend TV all the time even if they never won anything else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Becky Lynch lost again. Becky's booked as the weakest of the four horsewomen.

Nobody should ever have to tap out to Nattie's sharpshooter. It looks as ineffective as The Rock's did.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Becky Lynch lost again. Becky's booked as the weakest of the four horsewomen.

Forgot to mention it before, but yeah it bugged me she took the fall.  I think she's the best of the Smackdown women and it sucks she hasn't had as much success.

I'll fully admit that if someone I actually like had the world title instead of Randy I'd be bummed that Jinder won.  Hopefully this leads to future trigger-pulling of other guys (Cesaro, Russev, etc) in the top spot.

• Like 1

A few other random observations:

Saddened they're not gonna do anything with Aiden English. Good wrestler and that's a good midcard gimmick.

Nakamura should have squashed Ziggler or at least they should have cut out 75% of the stuff before the spit spot. No one paid to see Dolph methodically control a match.

Fandango is a sneaky good athlete. His dive was nicer than most of the cruiserweights.

A bunch of the women seemed to have new gear. Becky's hair mohawk thing was awesome. The match wasn't much at all. Just slowly advancing the storyline. Tamina still throws a hell of a superkick so she's got that going for her.

I felt like AJ/Owens was them on auto pilot until the big spots. AJ's so much better at leading the match than KO is but the fans want AJ as a face so I guess we'll get lesser matches out of it.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

It was sizably behind Styles/Owens, Zayn/Corbin, Ziggler/Nqk, and even PoPo/Usos in my living room.

I have to disagree with this.  Ziggler and Nakamura was pretty bad.  Ziggler working as a face was the absolute shits and getting all that offense in, killing the crowd, just terrible.  I'd take Jinder/Orton over that mess. 

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I have to disagree with this.  Ziggler and Nakamura was pretty bad.  Ziggler working as a face was the absolute shits and getting all that offense in, killing the crowd, just terrible.  I'd take Jinder/Orton over that mess. 

Ziggler got way too much offense. The match should have been bell rings, kinshasa, match over.

• Like 4

tumblr_inline_oqc33kpqt41un04wz_540.gif

Man, fuck Randy Orton. He nearly killed those dudes.

But yeah, I am indifferent to the result. Just glad that Randy is not the champ and feel like AJ should be pissed because what even was the point of him losing the title to Cena at the Rumble if dudes can't even get through a PPV.

and Dolph Ziggler just needs to realize that he is enhancement talent now. We want you to get the shit beat out of you for the sake of guys getting the come-up like Shinsuke. You had one job. Take that knee like a champ and move the fuck on. And you could not even do that. What even is the point of Dolph anymore?

AJ (and me as a fan) can't be pissed about this because he was always losing the title back to Cena whether it was at the Rumble or at Mania.  Bray Wyatt is the one that should be pissed. Also, I'm not blaming Jinder Mahal at all because he is at least fresh.  It's sad, yes but I am more invested in what Jinder is doing than Orton title reign #13.  (or was it #14? )

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Forgot to mention it before, but yeah it bugged me she took the fall.  I think she's the best of the Smackdown women and it sucks she hasn't had as much success.

I'll fully admit that if someone I actually like had the world title instead of Randy I'd be bummed that Jinder won.  Hopefully this leads to future trigger-pulling of other guys (Cesaro, Russev, etc) in the top spot.

This was just for Indian marketing, so unless Bulgaria or Switzerland gain 100million people it ain't happening.

Orton doing that- normally I'd give a guy a benefit of the doubt and assume it was botched, but Orton prob did that shit on purpose because he could.

54 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Fully expect Orton to win it back after their India tour though.

That's in September. People realize this, right? We're in for a few months of Mahal as champion, I don't think the turn around on this reign is going to be as quick as some people think.

44 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

India is a huge market for WWE and they have a tour coming up. Don't kid yourself as to why Jinder really won the belt.

1 minute ago, JCM said:

India is a huge market for WWE and they have a tour coming up. Don't kid yourself as to why Jinder really won the belt.

As soon as the India tour is over, Jinder will be getting popped for a wellness violation.

• Like 1

Nakamura/Ziggler was solid. Sami/Corbin was solid.

Usos vs. Fashion Police was so damn fun and my favorite match this show. I really hope this isn't the end of Fashion Police gettign time and title shots. I would love to see them beat the Usos.

Naomi/Charlotte/Becky vs. Welcome Committee was decent. I'm happy Naomi didn't take the fall. I give them credit for trying to make the Welcome Committee legit threats, but they rreally do need to give the actual good wrestlers a win soon. Hopefully Nattie or Carmella get a shot while we get a stip tag match between the rest.

I didn't pay attention to the first half of AJ/Owens. really liked the second half. I need to rewatch at some point.

Harper/Rowan was good and makes me sad this match didn't get bigger build and that they were never tag champs.

Orton/Jinder was shockingly good and possible MOTN. I really wasn't expecting much at all because Jinder failed to impress ring wise during the build, but he stayed solid here and Orton seemed motivated. Orton's backdrops on the Bollywood Boys towards the end were ridiculous. Even he knew how much he fucked up with that last one going off of his face. I assume he apologized behind the scenes. Not really sure how I feel about Jinder winning. I'm not big on face Orton as champ but more because I think there are more interesting matches in heel Orton (vs. Sami, vs. AJ, vs. Harper). Whats more I really think they needed a solid 3+ month reign after Cena and Bray's ridiculous short reigns. Will have to take a wait and see approach with how this Jinder reign goes.

Overall I dug the show a good deal. I didn't think any of the matches were bad, and there was interesting progression with the main.

Owens was awesome on Talking Smack..

• Like 1