DVDVR Message Board

Backlash XIII

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

You could tell by the look on Randy's face, he knew he overdid it on those backdrops on the table.

and the look on his face was one of sheer amusement.  Like a little kid who just kicked his sister in the shin.  

In short, fuck Randy Orton, lol.

• Like 4

The only way I see this working even short term is to Honky Tonk the shit out of his reign - constant DQs and countouts.  Fuck, have him do Money Inc walkouts.   In storyline, the entire locker room should be lining up for title shots as quickly as they can get them because now is their best chance at taking the title.

But going by WWE's usual motif, Jinder will lose the title back on SmackDown and render the whole thing pointless to begin with.

• Like 3

Listen I understand that Orton wasn't a very champion and his feud with Bray Wyatt was horrible but come the fuck on.  An average wrestler who found an unlimited supply of roids and got jacked to the gills is a better champion on Smackdown?   

• Like 4

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

Listen I understand that Orton wasn't a very champion and his feud with Bray Wyatt was horrible but come the fuck on.  An average wrestler who found an unlimited supply of roids and got jacked to the gills is a better champion on Smackdown?   

It's a Jinderella dream come true.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

As a Bray Wyatt fan, it hurts my soul to know he lost at Mania for this.

Not just that but they blew through Cena tying Flair's record just to get the title to Bray for his first run!

There is no reason at all that AJ couldn't have held the title right through Mania (Styles v Orton and Wyatt v Harper are the matches there) and been the one to drop to Jinder here while Orton took on Owens for the US Title.

• Like 3

I like a good comedy match so the Usos/Fashion Police match was fun. The Uso promos have been ridiculously good lately, so I'm not complaining that they retained, but I would've liked the po-pos to get the win tonight, if only just for a two day title reign.

The show was pretty solid all the way around.

I was expecting a glorified squash out of Nak/Ziggler but Dolph got quite a bit in.  Shame he's been jobbed to oblivion for so long, otherwise him hitting all his moves on Nak might have actually given the crowd a sense he might win.  Decent match but nowhere near as good as his debut against Sami.

Tag title match was an entertaining Chikara tag match.  The Fashion Police were tremendous here.  I guess The Usos are going to hold onto the belts until New Day show up.

The women's match was what it was.  Nothing actively bad but I didn't feel like it was anything we haven't seen before.  All the women on the roster being involved in the same program with one another isn't really doing anyone any favors.  

Sami/Corbin was solid and it was good to see Sami win.

Harper/Rowan was actually a pretty good hoss fight.  They were really bombing the fuck out of eachother towards the end.

I understand wanting to prolong the Styles/Owens program but that was still a bullshit finish.  There were plenty of other non-endings they could have done, but that was the equivalent of someone slipping on a banana peel after fighting for 20 minutes.  Everything else in the match was great so I'm all in for further matches.

The main event wasn't actively bad and about as good as you can expect with the two guys involved.  The Bollywood Boys are what, a buck fifty each?  Perhaps Orton isn't used to tossing around guys that small and overdid it a bit.  Why the hell am I defending Randy Orton?  Fuck him, he's probably one of my least favorite guys on the roster so I have no problem with him losing.  I also like that they showed it's possible for someone other than the usual suspects can win the big one. Fully expect Orton to win it back after their India tour though.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought Nakamura took too much offense.  It comes from Ziggler being beaten down to nothing, so that he lasted for three minutes didn't make sense IMO.  They should have taken a page out of TakeOver: Dallas and had Ziggler play it more like Zayn as a match of mutual respect.  Okay match, but not what it could have been.

• Like 2

Love this new alternative fact about how people knew that Jinder Mahal was championship material.  Please you are going to tell me you were that 1 or 2 people that watched Superstars and Main Event in the last 4 years.  Now we are going to act like Rusev was the weak link in that team.  Come on I get the hatred for Orton but come on.

• Like 2

Thanks to the Great Khali, Jinder isn't even the worst Indian wrestler to hold the top belt on Smackdown. Let that sink in for a minute.

Lets say Vince lost his mind about 27 years ago, who would be the 1990 equivalent to Jinder winning the title? The Warlord was treated as more of threat than Jinder has been treated. I think it would be Paul Roma or Boris Zhukov winning the title.

Jinder's case of the measles is fucking disgusting, btw.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Thanks to the Great Khali, Jinder isn't even the worst Indian wrestler to hold the top belt on Smackdown. Let that sink in for a minute.

Lets say Vince lost his mind about 27 years ago, who would be the 1990 equivalent to Jinder winning the title? The Warlord was treated as more of threat than Jinder has been treated. I think it would be Paul Roma or Boris Zhukov winning the title.

Jinder's case of the measles is fucking disgusting, btw.

Can I say Nord just to tweak Matt? 

First of all, fuck Eddie Graham.

Secondly, Styles/Owens was bananas. 

Usos/PoPo's was good, but the wrong team went over. Hopefully this program continues.

I dug the main event. It's still fucking stupid that they took the belt off Wyatt and broke up the Family for Randy Orton Dogshit Title Reign #473, but the title switch was a surprise, and the crowd seemed into it. It still mystifies me that they switched to Orton in the first place, but oh well....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Love this new alternative fact about how people knew that Jinder Mahal was championship material.  Please you are going to tell me you were that 1 or 2 people that watched Superstars and Main Event in the last 4 years.  Now we are going to act like Rusev was the weak link in that team.  Come on I get the hatred for Orton but come on.

Who said they saw it coming?

----------

Is this the least likely guy to ever hold the WWWF/WWF/WWE title? Maybe Vince himself?