Ryusuke Taguchi - 8

El Desperado (Suzuki-gun) - 8

Yoshinobu Kanemaru (Suzuki-gun) - 6

ACH (RoH) - 6

Tiger Mask IV - 6

Volador Jr. (CMLL) - 6

FINALS 6/3 - Tokyo - Full Card

Main Event : Best of the Super Junior 2017 Finals:

Will Ospreay (CHAOS) (Block A Winner) vs. KUSHIDA (Block B Winner)

Semi-Final:

CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Gedo) vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega & Marty Scrull)

Satoshi Kojima, Juice Robinson, Ryusuke Taguchi, Ricochet & Dragon Lee vs. Los Ingobernales de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi, EVIL, BUSHI & SANADA)

CHAOS (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Taichi)

ACH, David Finlay & War Machine (Hanson and Raymond Rowe) vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi, Bad Luch Fale, Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa)

Volodor Jr, Tiger Mask & Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs. Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku, El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)

Togi Makabe, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Hirai Kawato vs. CHAOS (Jado, Toru Yano & Tomohiro Ishii)

Yuji Nagata, Tomoyuki Oka & Syota Umito vs. Manabu Nakanishi, Katsuya Kitamura & Tetsuhiro Yagi

EDIT: As of 6/1

• Like 1

Block A is going to be nuts. Going on what Sublime says, I wonder how many upsets Liger gets. Any chance of him going to the finals? KUSHIDA and maybe Volador are the only guys in B block I could see winning this though. 

Lineups for the full Tourny announced.  Same format as the G1 , splitting the blocks up with Tag matches of the off block on the front half of the card, then the tourny matches in the back half.  Day 1 has both blocks though.

Day 1 Match Ups:

Block A: Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs. TAKA Michinoku

Block B: Tiger Mask IV vs. Volador Jr.

Block A: Ricochet vs. Taichi

Block B: ACH vs. BUSHI

Block B: KUSHIDA vs. El Depserado

Block A: Will Ospreay vs. Marty Scrull

Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru

Block A: Dragon Lee vs. Hiromu Takahashi

So the Day 1 Main Event is awesome.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2017 at 8:39 PM, mattdangerously said:

I have no desire to see Marty Scurll become a thing anywhere in the world.

FIFY

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

When you put it that way, I am oddly curious to see a Scurll/Suzuki match now.

I actually would have loved to see a Scurll/Shibata match, probably for all the wrong reasons... ;-)

Not quite finished Day 1 yet.

I'm so over Scrull and Ospreay.  Particularly having the same match they had in RoH almost move for move.

Cross-post from the NJPW World thread: What I saw this morning (ACH/BUSHI, KUSHIDA/Desperado, Ospreay/Scurrl, Takahashi/Dragon Lee) was really good. ACH's charisma is off the charts and I dug his SUPER call getting over as big as it did. Ospreay really needs to stop taking everything on his head and shoulders.

I have tried so hard to become tolerant of this shtick-heavy UK indie wave. I haven't even hated Scurll the half-a-dozen times I've seen him do is stuff. But Scurll/Osprey was putrid.

If the dudes he does his "finger break" spot to don't come out wearing a cast or binding on their finger in their next few matches, *he didn't really break their finger, did he?*

• Like 2

What did Bushi say or do to ACH to deserve this?

giphy.gif

Like, what was he going for there? Answer: Bushi concussion

Also, for a Taichi match, I really dug Ricochet/Taichi a lot. Perfect mix of stalling and cowardly heel tactics to undercut the superior wrestler. There was some miscommunication it looked like near the end of the 2nd act but still a really fun match.

37 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Good lord, once you get past the gimmick and look, which is great, Scrull is fucking awful.

The longer he stays in Japan, the more he's going to be exposed.  He's just not on the same level as a lot of the guys he's going to be working against, especially with that stacked A block.

Takahashi is a fucking machine right now, so he'll carry Scrull through that, and Liger is still Liger, but when he hits the lower tier guys in A-Block like TAKA and Taichi, that's going to be fucking terrible.

EDIT: Finished Ricochet/Ospreay... A fucking Springboard Dragon Rana for 2... fuck these guys.

I hadn't seen their ROH match but I really enjoyed Scurll/Ospreay. Marty has some annoying tendencies, a Crush level of shit piledriver and some of his signature spots are irritating but he's starting to figure out that if he telegraphs those signature spots that his opponent should at least reverse the first attempts.

I didn't dig the Takahashi/Lee match as much as their matches in Mexico or even the sloppier ROH one but it was good. I feel like it's diminishing returns at this stage though and I could go without seeing them square off for a while. 

That was one of Bushi's best solo efforts I can remember as I didn't love his series of matches with Kushida. ACH must be so happy he's working in Japan AND the audience is finally playing along with his "super" deal. 

I think the deal with Scurll is he has a badass entrance that makes him look big time in a way that 90% of the dudes on the indies don't.  People WANT to believe he's got it.  But then the bell rings and he turns into a goofball with all the worst tendencies of the current British scene and an endless supply of annoying ticks.

I also agree that Takahashi and Lee have pretty much shown us all they've got at this point, and that match needs to go away for a long time.

Scrull was very entertaining when he first turned heel and invented the Villain character.  His Progress stuff from that time is a lot of fun,  He threw himself completely into the heel character, didn't play to the crowd, changed up his offense.  It was the sort of thing you didn't think "Party Marty" was capable of. No one wanted to cheer Scurll when he was beating down Ospreay or running his former tag partner ZSJ down on the mic.

Then the Villain character started getting a little too popular.  And Scurll started getting booked in Japan.  And either he got bored or just lazy, but he started playing to the crowd, doing babyface spots, and team reforming his team with Sabre.  The Villain would no sooner team with ZSJ than Flair would team with Sting.  Now he's sort of a mix of the Villain and Party Marty and nothing about it works. 

• Like 1

I thought he was good in the tag match with ZSJ against Trent? & Chuck Taylor on PWG's Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock 'N Roll).  He was actually working as a heel, though, which he doesn' t seem to do anywhere else.  And I don't think putting him in Bullet Club is going to make him any less unbearable.