DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Live, You Just Made The List - 5/2/2017

Dolfan in NYC

On 5/3/2017 at 2:23 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Honest to God, speaking only of the character work, I think this was the best Jericho had been since the WCW heel run.

That heel run is my favorite run of all time, and I couldn't agree more.

• Like 2

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎02 at 11:23 PM, Brian Fowler said:

Charlotte as Flair, Tamina as Arn, Nattie as Ole, Carmela as the world's worst Tully, and Elsworth as Babydoll.

I kinda love it. Becky is Sting, obviously. Need more faces though, cause her and Naomi would be in serious trouble.

Carmella is clearly Paul Roma...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Charlie M. said:

Carmella is Mongo and Ellsworth is Debra, IMO.

I'm not into this Horsewomen thing but I'm into Carmella carrying around a giant purse filled with Ellsworth's money that she uses as a foreign object.  Also, forcing Ellsworth to hold it at ringside while she wrestles.

• Like 6

Now, I might be in the minority but I'm a fan of Shane's in ring work. He has terrible punches but he takes crazy bumps and has a connection to the crowd to where any match he has is a big deal. Now if Shane and Owens have a gimmick match on a SmackDown PPV in the early fall I'd be all for it.

• Like 1

So anyone else thought the idea that WWE was mocking Mauro Ranallo with the Aiden English crying gimmick was a reach or am I being insensitive or underestimating Vince McMahon's pettiness?

7 minutes ago, Kyuubi said:

So anyone else thought the idea that WWE was mocking Mauro Ranallo with the Aiden English crying gimmick was a reach or am I being insensitive or underestimating Vince McMahon's pettiness?

I kinda assumed he's going to have some sort of breakdown and get a new gimmick.  Given the singing gimmick, I'm wondering if he isn't go to be doing a Phantom of the Opera gimmick in a few weeks.

On the other hand, it never pays to underestimate Vince's pettiness.

On 5/5/2017 at 6:02 PM, BEN! said:

I'm not into this Horsewomen thing but I'm into Carmella carrying around a giant purse filled with Ellsworth's money that she uses as a foreign object.  Also, forcing Ellsworth to hold it at ringside while she wrestles.

Whats the 2017 equivalent of a gucci handbag? 

4 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

Anyone who thinks that is a fucking dum dum. 

• Like 1

I didn't make any coronation between English and Ranallo until it was brought up. Aiden English is a lower card WWE comedy heel they've always been made to look pathetic. What's more funny than a loser when applying McMahon humor?