DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Live, You Just Made The List - 5/2/2017

Dolfan in NYC

My professional murder bear got his title back. And then Pillmanized Jericho's head.  Now THAT is how you write someone out.  What a magnificent dick.  

Also, I need the Fashion Police in every segment always. 

• Like 8

They just need to go full Southpaw Regional with the Fashion Police.

James Ellsworth was used as a foreign object. It wasn't by Strowman, but it still worked quite well.

Did Sami botch that DDT spot or was his arm legit hurt?

Smackdown was back on track this week with some good character development.

This crowd was extra into Jericho which really gave Owens what he needed for the final angle.

THE FASHION FILES. I'm amazed that they managed to capture the magic these two have on the Youtube videos they come up with themselves. Great stuff. I was pausing to look at all the stuff on the wall.

Jinder vs. Sami was fine. My only reservation with the repackaging of Jinder is that I watched all those C-Show matches with him and he's just not a very good wrestler for his level of experience. I like the presentation of him but he's going to need to step it up even more in the ring.

I thought all the women's stuff was excellent. They've really rehabbed Becky in the last two weeks. I knew she wouldn't turn but she did a good enough job selling it that the crowd actually bought it for a moment. Plus they still put over the new group strong in the end. It was interesting that they kinda positioned Carmella as the lead by the end.

Charlotte showed some good babyface fire for her first match back as a face. She seems like she's going to keep her more hoss style of offense as a face. The difference in crowd interest when she got out there was very noticeable.

Really enjoyed the women's tag. The opening bit with Naomi being too much of a bad ass for Carmella was dope. If Charlotte turns again and forms a new Four Horsewomen with Nattie and co it would be the Flair-iest move she's pulled in a while and I would be all for it.

I would say everything they wanted to accomplish today was accomplished quite well, which is one of the better things I can say about a wrestling show.

The Womens angle got over to the crowd and to me. Becky's fake heel turn worked, and I like the potential story that Becky, Naomi, and Charlotte might not get along, but are out right more talented then heels, but the heels are all working together to well and playing the numbers game well. 

Main Event certainly succeeded in writing Jericho off in a very decisive way and making Owens look like a killer.

Fandango & Breeze, unlike AA, can get over without it involving ring work. Just keep letting them do stuff like that, and they will get over, and they are good enough wrestlers to make it work in ring too. 

• Like 4

Jinder/Sami was ok.

The women division stuff was great. The tag match was pretty solid and the heel tease by Becky was wonderful. Still not certain how it will turn out with the best wrestlers al on one crew, but I hope they keep this going for couple of months at least. The Welcome Committee is already a better team than I honestly expected.

28 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I really want them to walk into The Blue Oyster. 

I want them to make fake old-timey siren sounds with their mouths whenever they go anywhere and pull people over in the hallway.

But that would be outright theft fofPhil hendrie.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

Charlotte showed some good babyface fire for her first match back as a face. She seems like she's going to keep her more hoss style of offense as a face. The difference in crowd interest when she got out there was very noticeable.

They're still booking her turn right for a change. They suddenly remembered that people like badasses even if they're babyfaces.

She is turning without changing her persona and without getting weak or funny. Tonight when surrounded by her enemies, her instinct was to stop talking and elbow someone in the nose, take her beating, and then find them later to dish out some revenge.

Also whether AJ is turning or not, how refreshing is it to see a heel call someone out and that person just immediately gets out of the ring and gets to pummeling.

STONE COLD
STONE COLD

STONE COLD

The women's stuff was gold and coming along as I hoped it would. Becky did a really good job with the fake turn. I knew there was no way that she would go for it, since that would only leave Naomi and Charlotte on the face side, but I almost believed it for a second. Really cool to see the crowd into face Charlotte too. For once, I'm interested and excited for what's going on with the women on both brands. 

• Like 2

Fuck I love this show.

I really wish it was an hour longer, but it is whatever.

What I like about non-Wrestlemania build Smackdown is that they try to build everything and relationships. It is a character driven show vs Raw which has this uneasy end game of being the Brock and Roman build to Wrestlemania and everyone else is just sitting on their hands until that inevitable showdown. Smackdown writers allow the fans to dictate the show. AJ is a tweener face and instead of him constantly trying to build heat as a heel, they dropped that after Wrestlemania, but they still maintained that he is not a nice guy. The same with Charlotte and Becky. Smackdown puts thought in it's booking.

The Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho match was Jericho's best match in awhile and is a great send off for him. I love how Kevin Owens is no longer the cowardly heel and back to being the malicious troll monster that we loved back in NXT.

I also love what they are doing with the women. They are building factions and alliances and I love how Becky Lynch is getting that star treatment without her being a champion. Naomi is awesome and Charlotte had that great baby face fire while still maintaining that air of heel arrogance.

...J am giving Jinder a chance. Like I know he is mediocre as fresh hell, but I really do not like Randy Orton. I never liked Randy Orton. When they brought in Shelton Benjamin, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Batista, and that bland asshole, he was by far the worst of the bunch. I don't like Randy as a person. I don't like Randy as a wrestler. I don't like Randy as main eventer. Like I will put up with cowardly Jinder for a few months if that asshole is not on my television.

I am glad that Tyler Breeze and Fandango are getting a fucking break. That was a fun little segment too.

As long as my Mondays are occupied by the goodness of Better Call Saul, fuck Raw and that bullshit. NXT, 205Live, and Smackdown is the only WWE TV I need. I only watch Raw for the good and fun matches.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

Still getting used to Ronnie's new hair. At first I wasn't sure who the new interview girl was.

You must be because not only can you tell who she was you can't tell if it was a man or woman :lol:

Charlotte as Flair, Tamina as Arn, Nattie as Ole, Carmela as the world's worst Tully, and Elsworth as Babydoll.

I kinda love it. Becky is Sting, obviously. Need more faces though, cause her and Naomi would be in serious trouble.

• Like 1