DVDVR Message Board

NXT MAY 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

10 minutes ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

Don't think it's his ankle that's injured. There's been long term rumours of a seriously injured elbow.

Yeah - originally PWI said it was his ankle but they updated to say that it was a different injury

By Mike Johnson on 2017-05-25 21:30:00
Although WWE NXT star Tommaso Ciampa worked the Takeover event after being injured at a live event last week, PWInsider.com has learned he suffered a new injury during the Ladder Match against the Authors of Pain that will require surgery.

WWE sources indicate Ciampa is slated to head to Birmingham, Alabama shortly for surgery and post-surgical rehab.

Ciampa is at tonight's WWE NXT TV taping but is on crutches backstage.

Note: Our original report noted that Ciampa's ankle injury was worse than originally thought.  PWInsider.com has since learned that Ciampa suffered a different injury at the PPV, hence, the updated version.

WWE officially announced that it was cancelling the June 6th NXT show at Manchester Arena

Any one who had a ticket can get a full refund and a free ticket to the June 7th show in Leeds

I wanted to again mention that I am not doing separate weeks for the spoilers because the WWE has stopped airing things in order.

That might change now that we have a long lead time till Brooklyn but it is just easier this way.

We can create individual weeks when it becomes time for that show to air

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

This was done during the tapings (if that wasn't obvious)

Did somebody say something about celebrating hereos? The heat for heel Hero coming out interrupting a ceremony like this would be awesome. All that would be missing, of course, is Larry Sweeney.

Gargano is the best babyface in NXT. The perfect story now would be have Gargano chase the belt, and when he finally gets his shot Ciampa returns to fuck him over. Sucks that they can't capitalize on Ciampa's heel turn right off the bat though.

There's ways to keep the feud hot without having them touch, but not for 6 to 8 months. Unless Ciampa goes full heel manager and recruits guys to throw at Gargano. It's a shame they can't slug it out right away, but it could be a good thing depending on how its handled.

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

This is why pro wrestling logic is to have the guy not injured turn heel on the one who is.

I'm thinking they had no idea he'd be out this long when they booked the storyline.  He'd been working hurt for a while, so they probably figured he wouldn't miss much time at all.

6 hours ago, FireThunder said:

They're really all-in on the "Andrade doesn't care about anything except partying" story, aren't they?

I kinda really dig the gimmick. But Christ almost everything he does in ring looks so terrible.

(Yes I know that's a minority opinion, but he's been so fucking bad in NXT.)