DVDVR Message Board

NXT MAY 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

So you believe they shot an angle where it is supposed to look like she gets injured, she wears a sling when she's in public, and now it's real? And she's conveniently fit again right after Chicago? Oh, and the recovery time they talk about only fits if you're starting from the time the episode airs, not then it was taped?

You guys are aware that this is pro wrestling, right? Working people is what it's all about?

And I also point out that when Bayley did the injury angle so they could do Asuka/Nia Jax - she still worked house shows and didn't sell the injury out in public

It very well could be the most elaborate work they have done in a long time.

I am just fascinated that you seem to be implying that in absolute no way shape or form it could be legit

7 minutes ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

So you believe they shot an angle where it is supposed to look like she gets injured, she wears a sling when she's in public, and now it's real? And she's conveniently fit again right after Chicago? Oh, and the recovery time they talk about only fits if you're starting from the time the episode airs, not then it was taped?

You guys are aware that this is pro wrestling, right? Working people is what it's all about?

You know, I was just telling that to @Marty Sugar in the other thread. To be fair, what do he or Phil REALLY know about pro wrestling? These darn millenials,  am I right?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And I also point out that when Bayley did the injury angle so they could do Asuka/Nia Jax - she still worked house shows and didn't sell the injury out in public

It very well could be the most elaborate work they have done in a long time.

I am just fascinated that you seem to be implying that in absolute no way shape or form it could be legit

Like Eivion said, it's possible she was injured while doing an injury angle. Possible, but damn unlikely.

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

You know, I was just telling that to @Marty Sugar in the other thread. To be fair, what do he or Phil REALLY know about pro wrestling? These darn millenials,  am I right?

If you're entire argument is "hey dummies, wrestling is fake," you're just trolling.

Apparently trolling ME specifically. Is there a reason for that?

7 hours ago, nofuture said:

Shame WWE didn't put up Nikki Cross' interview from this week's episode on Youtube.  It might be my favorite this year so far.  She's totally locked in to her character.

This.

She's so heads and shoulders above everyone else character wise that if she was 1/2 as good on the mic, she'd give Alexa Bliss a run for her money. Speaking of shoulders, those damn boulders are the envy of Becky.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Wait wait wait wait... She took that fucking insane bump while already knowing she was injured? What in the fucking fuck?

Yep. That was the reason I didn't list "to cover a previous injury" in my "ways this could be true" post. Didn't think anyone was dumb enough to take that bump on a previously injured arm.

Enough can not be said about how awesome Nikki's promo was.

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Wait wait wait wait... She took that fucking insane bump while already knowing she was injured? What in the fucking fuck?

And I thought that bump was stupid before this came out.

Yeah, that is a Prince rip-off gimmick, and Prince wasn't gay.  Prince pulled more fine ass women dressed as an effeminate pirate than any of the homophobic dudes trying to call him gay.  

• Like 9