DVDVR Message Board

NXT MAY 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

And just like last year we'll be going to the Bel Air ("Fake Baltimore") show.  If last year's any indication they'll have the presale Thursday so I'll need to check that out.  Even without folks like Nakamura there I'm looking forward to seeing Black and hopefully this time around Ember Moon.

• Like 1

Thinking I'm sitting out this year. Last year was fun but I think I would have been happier with the card six months before or six months later. At this stage of my life with the familial responsibilities I have, I think it'd take Negro Casas wrestling within an hour or two for me to hit a show unless the situation was absolutely right otherwise. I wouldn't mind seeing Almas, Hero, DiY, etc, but I'll have a near 30 week pregnant wife at that point and my 4 year old's dance recital the next day and I think my parents are coming in that weekend too. Just not in the cards. Too much being a grown up to drive an hour to the middle of nowhere to watch wrestling. I guess no one's going to be calling me his "brother" on twitter.

It is so weird that for around here they avoid the major cities

I mean it is basically an over 2 hour drive in either direction for me to go to the Richmond or Fake Baltimore show

It would actually be easier for me to go visit my Mom and then go to the Poughkeepsie show

My woman says that she heard that MWR at Ft. Meade may have some cheap NXT passes for the Fake Baltimore show. 

If this is true, we may be in attendance if there are enough left after the mass military personnel paper grab.

48 minutes ago, J.T. said:

My woman says that she heard that MWR at Ft. Meade may have some cheap NXT passes for the Fake Baltimore show. 

If this is true, we may be in attendance if there are enough left after the mass military personnel paper grab.

I hope you go, regardless of who will/won't be there it's guaranteed to be a fun time.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I hope you go, regardless of who will/won't be there it's guaranteed to be a fun time.

I have been burnt by that thought process on far too many wrestling cards.

And most of them took place in Maryland...

• Like 3

I probably wont go, since its the same week as the powerbomb.tv show in PA and I'm getting up at that. 

Unless i knew for sure that Sombra was going to be there, not sure who i really want to see. 

6 hours ago, Matt D said:

Thinking I'm sitting out this year. Last year was fun but I think I would have been happier with the card six months before or six months later. At this stage of my life with the familial responsibilities I have, I think it'd take Negro Casas wrestling within an hour or two for me to hit a show unless the situation was absolutely right otherwise. I wouldn't mind seeing Almas, Hero, DiY, etc, but I'll have a near 30 week pregnant wife at that point and my 4 year old's dance recital the next day and I think my parents are coming in that weekend too. Just not in the cards. Too much being a grown up to drive an hour to the middle of nowhere to watch wrestling. I guess no one's going to be calling me his "brother" on twitter.

You also passed on seeing Ultimo Guerrero and Hechicero less than 30 minutes from your house. 

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

You also passed on seeing Ultimo Guerrero and Hechicero less than 30 minutes from your house. 

Sure. But I'd drop everything for Negro Casas. I'd consider it for Black Terry too. Theoretically I can still see Hechicero in ten years.

32 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I probably wont go, since its the same week as the powerbomb.tv show in PA and I'm getting up at that. 

Unless i knew for sure that Sombra was going to be there, not sure who i really want to see. 

FWIW I think the local commercial had him in it.  If it's confirmed he's there I can let you know.

1 hour ago, turk128 said:

Damnit, another gal who has a remarkable physique to play a great monster heel... but having a great personality!

Ha, I respect her so much that if she ends up being a heel I'll boo her as loud as I possibly can. What a human being.

Twitter says that this is Bianca "Binky" Blair's first "road trip" so she is moving along real quick for someone who technically has been wrestling less than a year

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Twitter says that this is Bianca "Binky" Blair's first "road trip" so she is moving along real quick for someone who technically has been wrestling less than a year

Even in that short clip you can see her movement in the ring looks good. So many young female wrestlers struggle with conficidence and the physicality, and they end up looking tentative and shying away from making heavy contact.

Her and Daria look like they could really be something, and Mandy has gotten pretty good reports as well.

• Like 1

So based on the house shows this week Andrea the Giant or whatever her name is in NXT will be a second for Lana.  Kind of like what she did in EVOLVE as the bodyguard for So Cal Val.    Given her size I can completely see her as a 2017 version of Chyna

C_Hy2b_UQAMIAsV.jpg