DVDVR Message Board

Billy... err... William Patrick Corgan might have made the NWA awesome again

26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

only if he snaps like Bob Backlund staring at his hands after locking whomever defeats him for the title in the crossface chicken wing

My thoughts exactly. When I think of heel Tim Storm, Mr. Bob Backlund immediately comes to mind.

• Like 1

So, is this safe to say the direction Billy is going here would have been what he could have done with TNA had he gotten full control of it? I love these Ten Pounds of Gold videos and they give that feeling of realness to Tim Storm. You want to see him win and keep on defending that title and have my success come his way.

But I know I can't be the only one who thought Tim Storm defending the NWA Title at a CWZ Show and the name Randy the Ram came to mind. It's a shame Necro Butcher is retired cause, Necro getting an NWA title shot might have made a few heads explode.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phantom Lord said:

So, is this safe to say the direction Billy is going here would have been what he could have done with TNA had he gotten full control of it? I love these Ten Pounds of Gold videos and they give that feeling of realness to Tim Storm. You want to see him win and keep on defending that title and have my success come his way.

But I know I can't be the only one who thought Tim Storm defending the NWA Title at a CWZ Show and the name Randy the Ram came to mind. It's a shame Necro Butcher is retired cause, Necro getting an NWA title shot might have made a few heads explode.

Perhaps not as extreme, but the traveling champ had some atypical challengers over the years. Not everything was funk vs brisco. :)

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Perhaps not as extreme, but the traveling champ had some atypical challengers over the years. Not everything was funk vs brisco. :)

I really wish the title had been defended against Victor the Wrestling Bear. For a 700 pounder he had amazing cardio! My God I just got the greatest idea for a WWE main event: Big Show vs a wrestling bear. They could fill a stadium for that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

So who is challenging Storm in CZW? Looking at their current champs not a name rings a bell. Does DJ Hyde invite him over to the farm? 

I'd want to see Storm defend against Masada, Sami Callihan, or Tim Donst.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Absolutley. He was already doing it. The focus was on characters and giving people a reason to care outside of the in ring action.

Look at what they did with Lashley during that time. Here’s a point of reference 

• Like 2

The full version of that ^ was one of my favorite segments of last year. In a year full of Lashley killing it on the mic and character wise, I think that was his best.

Storm/Masada would be pretty fun. I know they've worked a few of the same shows since Masada has always done a lot in Texas.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

The full version of that ^ was one of my favorite segments of last year. In a year full of Lashley killing it on the mic and character wise, I think that was his best.

Storm/Masada would be pretty fun. I know they've worked a few of the same shows since Masada has always done a lot in Texas.

They both worked the first anniversary VIP Wrestling show 2 years ago. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't be shocked if DJ Hyde isn't calling Corgan 3 or 4 times a day begging for a 1 month title run.   He can easily drop the belt at some Hollywood taping would be his bargaining chip. 

I really hope Corgan or someone told him what to expect in CZW because wrestling like he did against Magnus is going to get a shit load of hate to that crowd.  

On 11/25/2017 at 11:35 AM, Thibs said:

Absolutley. He was already doing it. The focus was on characters and giving people a reason to care outside of the in ring action.

Look at what they did with Lashley during that time. Here’s a point of reference 

I wish we would have seen what he could’ve done without Dixie’s meddling. Surely a guy who wants the title to be fought over by hosses wasn’t the one who came up with the Eddie Edwards feud. 

The whole thing screamed of Dixie just doing the Austin Aries thing yet again to get a feel good moment that draws no money. Not counting Eddie was no Aries and neither was Sabin when they tried to do it with him. 

I know this is going to piss off people but watching Tim Storm reminds me of people back in the day telling me how awesome guys like Damien Wayne was.  You would watch his matches and they would be fine but unless there was some real hate to them they were just dry wrestling matches that should be in an AWA ring in 1981.  Kind of like those Jax Dane matches when he was the champ

Corgan should get a ton of credit for making really average wrestlers and making them stars.  Did a great job making that Jocephus look good when in the ring he looks very eh

40 minutes ago, Zartan said:

I wish we would have seen what he could’ve done without Dixie’s meddling. Surely a guy who wants the title to be fought over by hosses wasn’t the one who came up with the Eddie Edwards feud. 

The whole thing screamed of Dixie just doing the Austin Aries thing yet again to get a feel good moment that draws no money. Not counting Eddie was no Aries and neither was Sabin when they tried to do it with him. 

I think the height of his influence took place in the latter months of summer. Once the lawsuit stuff started he got the rug pulled out from under him. 

27 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Corgan should get a ton of credit for making really average wrestlers and making them stars.  Did a great job making that Jocephus look good when in the ring he looks very eh

This is biggest strength. Shit, he got me way into Abyss and Crazzy Steve as a team. I was bored of Abyss (everyone was, that's why he did the Joseph Park thing) and Steve looked like the hokiest of indie gimmicks, but a couple of touch ups and a new theme and they were all of a sudden interesting. Adding Rosemary put it over the top.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:35 PM, Thibs said:

Am I the only one that can’t wait to see him turn heel?

I would be broken hearted and feel completely betrayed, but it would probably be great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

I know this is going to piss off people but watching Tim Storm reminds me of people back in the day telling me how awesome guys like Damien Wayne was. 

Past tense?  Why are you a supporter of Communism and broccoli flavored ice cream, hammerva?