DVDVR Message Board

Billy... err... William Patrick Corgan might have made the NWA awesome again

3 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Okay, I'm in

Fuuuck. It sucks that Bubba Ray had to retire. Even though Bubba is a cast off of everything, he fits that style and getting back to being the guy to incite near riots would be amazing. I would pay to watch Tim Storm kick Bubba's ass.

• Like 2

So Final Battle is looking to be Bully Ray's last match? I'd be ok with that. Put the Dudley's in the Hall of Fame this spring have Paul induct them. Or Tommy, he's going to be in town that weekend and it's been awhile since i've seen a crying Tommy promo.

But yeah Bully Ray would make a perfect traveling heel champion.

15 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Fuuuck. It sucks that Bubba Ray had to retire. Even though Bubba is a cast off of everything, he fits that style and getting back to being the guy to incite near riots would be amazing. I would pay to watch Tim Storm kick Bubba's ass.

I’d pay to see the babyface reaction Storm would get after being on the receiving end of a bloody beatdown at the hands of Bubba. Not to mention the heat Bubba would get.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am appreciating them trying new formats.

Instagram live is definitely not the place for a live stream of the match but you are never gonna know until you try

Yeah, I’m fine with that stuff as support content but it’ll be interesting to see how they play it once they start producing this studio show in the spring.

Okay, I have gone from Tim Storm, A Champion In Transition to Tim Storm, The People's Champion.

I am all for this plan of building up the legacy of Tim Storm by sending in former big name guys for him to smash.

• Like 3

Tim Storm looks like bizzaro world Shane Douglas.  Shane was a dean, Tim is a school teacher, Shane threw down the title, Tim loves the title.  I hope he brings along more bizarro friends. "Hey Elaine, this is my friend Shrubbery Jack, he spent his career not doing hardcore matches, were just gonna sit here and read".

in all seriousness I'm really enjoying this.  Touring champ, building a brand without going down the usual WWE-lite route.  Corgan has definitely found a niche!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

I have that same jacket and after I bought it I felt it make me look like some aging thug.

And I guess it does...

Replace Tommy's Dusty shirt with a button down shirt and he'd look like an aging Mafioso. Fuggedaboutit.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The current NWA champion showing up at a CZW show has Lou Thesz spinning so fast in his grave that what's left of his corpse has exploded.

I like the idea of the NWA Heavyweight Champion gracing the various indies with his presence in lieu of the old NWA territory system being objectively defunct now that Corgan owns everything..

• Like 1