DVDVR Message Board

Billy... err... William Patrick Corgan might have made the NWA awesome again

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Anthem really should've just let him buy the company and negotiated to keep the programming on Fight.

Going back to the WOR interview with Nordholm, he sure sounded like he had no idea what he was getting himself into. I bet with hindsight he'd jump at the above opportunity.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

It was clear Corgan actually gave a damn about TNA and was willing to put in the effort to make it work. Oh, well. Their loss is NWA's gain.

I think not giving Corgan the company is going to go down as the last big dumb decision they made.

Apparently they’re going to sign around 5 talents at the beginning of 2018 and build from there, focusing strictly on the NWA name and the world title for the time being.

They’re starting with digital and apparently are angling to do a studio show eventually.

Loving the approach so far.

So, the match was just live on Facebook. It was a really simple match, slow with solid story telling, but Billy is gonna need better, more modern workers if he's gonna make a real impact. Pun not intended.

Loved the buildup at the story they td during the match.

The finish was bad but other than that i enjoyed it. I like that they didn’t do the obvious thing and put the belt on Magnus. Curious to see who else they’re going to bring in.

Perfectly ok with Storm being to this version of NWA what Funk was to ECW.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I know it's not wise to look at Facebook comments but people were shitting all over that match. Tim Storm looked old and out of place and Magnus is kind of bland. Great build up to a poor match.

Honestly, this just exacerbated that Corgan may be able to bring the NWA back, just because the match sucked. 

If Corgan and Lagana could get people this excited for a match that was pretty bad, then imagine what they can do with some TALENT.

Honestly, even though the match wasn’t great, I still thought it was good in the sense of trying to tell a story.

Its encouraging that they’re going the opposite route of every indy. And WWE for that matter. Less spotfests, more storytelling.

• Like 1

I missed the match but I'm surprised that they kept the belt on Storm, but if James Storm came in and challenged for the title. I could see James Storm walk out as Champ. He might actually be a bigger name than Aldis.

4 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I missed the match but I'm surprised that they kept the belt on Storm, but if James Storm came in and challenged for the title. I could see James Storm walk out as Champ. He might actually be a bigger name than Aldis.

Storm is absolutely a bigger name than  Aldis, especially if Aldis is called Aldis, but not just.

• Like 1