DVDVR Message Board

Billy... err... William Patrick Corgan might have made the NWA awesome again

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

If I die, it's TNA's fault for grifting  Corgan.

That would be quite the thing to put on your tombstone.

With all the talk about NWA I was planning on getting a subscription.  But now with this development I cant decide whether to sign up anyway or hold off since it'll go away soon.  Do they have a free trial?

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

It's messing up my health because I based all my weekly exercise around new uploads. If I die, it's TNA's fault for grifting  Corgan.

You want me to avenge you? Not that I need a reason to attack Billy Corgan. His shiny hypnotic head is enough. 

So whens Jay Bradley beating Tim Storm for the NWA Championship. I don't know how TV works what so ever but I know AMC and Corgan where developing or atleast talking about developing a TV show about the day to day operations of an indy wrestling promotion with Rev Pro. Like I said I know nothing about TV and the deal is most likely off the table but I wonder how difficult it would be for Corgan to try to renegotiate a deal with AMC to put NWA on TV weekly? Long shot, next to impossible I know but cool thought regardless.

• 1 month later...

http://gwhnewsandnotes.blogspot.com/2017/08/nwa-georgia-announces-name-change.html

NWA Georgia promoter David Gardner announced that he is changing the name of his company to  National Syndicate Wrestling. Gardner's move follows on the heels of NWA Smoky Mountain's name change to Innovate Wrestling.

The driving force for the changes is the fact that all National Wrestling Alliance licensee contracts are set to expire on October 1 and NWA owner Billy Corgan has chosen not to renew them.

Back when it was announced that Corgan bought it, the NWA Twitter account was Tweeting at Corgan to meet his champions and I thought that was adorable cause there was no way Corgan gave a fuck who the NWA Mid-American Mid-Southern Middleweight Middle-aged Television Tag Team Champions were.
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

Pro wrestling w/o carnies is not pro wrestling.

- RAF

I can understand why Corgan might be tired of them, considering his experience in TNA/Impact/GFW/whatever the fuck they're called. Also, if Corgan plans to bring some respectability back to the NWA name, he might be better off starting with a clean slate.