DVDVR Message Board

Billy... err... William Patrick Corgan might have made the NWA awesome again

On 6/10/2017 at 1:57 AM, Marty Sugar said:

I had this peach-flavoured beer last night and was promised it didn't taste "too much" like peach...

First off, it fucking smelled like tinned peaches circa 1978. Second, it tasted like peach fucking jam.

ALL LIES!

But the alternative is tasting like beer. Seems like a win. 

11 minutes ago, Victator said:

Beer tastes awful, drinking it for any reason than to get drunk is foolish. Besides liquor is quicker.

Blasphemy. Leinenkugel Summer Shandy is anything but awful. It's a wonderful gift from the beer gods.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:57 AM, Marty Sugar said:

I had this peach-flavoured beer last night and was promised it didn't taste "too much" like peach...

First off, it fucking smelled like tinned peaches circa 1978. 

Should've asked for the next year's vintage.

Or maybe you'd prefer Pearl Jam flavoring instead.

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎10 at 1:57 AM, Marty Sugar said:

First off, it fucking smelled like tinned peaches circa 1978. Second, it tasted like peach fucking jam.

ALL LIES!

I was at a beer tasting festival on Friday night, and someone had a peach flavoured beer that was actually tasty.

Radlers have apparently become all the rage in Canada this year. Bud Light somehow managed to make the shittiest tasting Radler, by a wide margin. Moosehead Radler sucks too. Top recommendation goes to Original 16 Radler.

I've got a twenty around here somewhere, I'll buy the NWA, as long as On Demand comes with it.  I can turn a quick buck by selling the library off to Vince.  

The NWA's been prostituted for the past 25 years, I don't see that changing anytime soon, so I may as well get on board for the big win.

What kind of law does Bruce Tharpe (allegedly) practice?  Because if a trademark expired in January, then and March rolled around and he was like, "herp derp, guess I gotta call the gubmint and re-up this thing, herp derp," I'm not sure I'd even trust him to litigate a jaywalking rap.  Like maybe he considered renewing with the USPTO in January but was distracted by a shiny object.

Would you be quick to throw more money into the hole that is the NWA?  Patent renewals aren't free.

Honestly, the main reason I don't want to see Matt buy the NWA is I'd like to think he's smarter than that.  Or at least, smarter than Billy Corgan.

On 6/11/2017 at 11:37 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Blasphemy. Leinenkugel Summer Shandy is anything but awful. It's a wonderful gift from the beer gods.

But I digress:  Summer Shandy is amazing.  But my favorite is Orange Shandy!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Would you be quick to throw more money into the hole that is the NWA?  Patent renewals aren't free.

Not to be pedantic, but it's a trademark, not a patent. ;) And I think it's around $500. 

Beer thing from an admitted beer snob: In my experience, people who think beer is awful/"tastes like piss" have only ever tried shitty mass produced crap like Bud, ie, beers that pretty much do taste like piss.  That's like getting diarrhea from Taco Bell and swearing off Mexican food because of it.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Not to be pedantic, but it's a trademark, not a patent. ;) And I think it's around $500. 

Beer thing from an admitted beer snob: In my experience, people who think beer is awful/"tastes like piss" have only ever tried shitty mass produced crap like Bud, ie, beers that pretty much do taste like piss.  That's like getting diarrhea from Taco Bell and swearing off Mexican food because of it.  

Not only that, but I've had many a Bud drinker try a craft version of it and they found it to be worlds better.  You don't have to reinvent the pilsner or lager, but at least make it good enough that "common folk" and "beer snobs" alike can enjoy it.  But then there's the whole thing about Anheiser-Busch and the like working on shutting down the competition but that's for another thread.

As for NWA is all this pretty much on hold now?  If that's the case then people should have held off on announcing anything until Billy 100% had this.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I spent years thinking I hated beer until I finally had beer that didn't suck. Life changing.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2017 at 1:24 PM, Michael Sweetser said:

I've got a twenty around here somewhere, I'll buy the NWA, as long as On Demand comes with it.  I can turn a quick buck by selling the library off to Vince.  

The NWA's been prostituted for the past 25 years, I don't see that changing anytime soon, so I may as well get on board for the big win.

You will need to discuss that with Matt and me as his hanger on/svengali. 

• 1 month later...

BTW - I am sure y'all know this already but the acquisition was finalized a few weeks ago and reading between the lines of Bruce Tharpe's post on PWO - I would say the On-Demand service is dead