DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2017 - MAY

RIPPA

22 hours ago, sabremike said:

Saw on the ESPN crawl that Adam Jones said that he was subjected to racial abuse from the Boston fans. This would come as no surprise to anyone who has spent more than 10 minutes in Boston.

Everybody remembers Brooklyn was the first to break the color barrier. I'll give you one guess who was the last... 

• Like 3

I do not know if MLB would have the balls to do this, but they should implement a rule similar to FIFA where if these racial abuse incidents occur, games take place behind closed doors with no fans and the ticket sales get forfeited to organizations like the Anti-Defamation League.

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

I told @Dolfan in NYC not to count his chickens

The Tagg Romney/Tom Glavine group is now the supposedly leaders to get the Marlins

Supposedly they are offering more than the rumored $1.3 billion asking price

I cannot hear that man's name without thinking of this:

And I'd rather have DaddyoFive, Pat Robertson, and John Rocker own the Marlins than Jeff Loria. 

Ugh. My fantasy team's pitching staff is taking it in the shorts right now. Syndergaard and Kluber both on the DL and Vince Velazquez pitching like he has his eyes shut. Losing Syndergaard was the big one. I've already written off this season (as it is I was in like 6th or 7th place and like 40 points out of first). Fucking Syndergaard man. You know who knows your body best? A FUCKING DOCTOR. I hate sports. 

So, some lady was hit by a stray bullet at the Cardinals game... 

Todd Porter, 54, of O’Fallon, Ill., was at the game with his 13-year-old son, Christopher, and was seated directly in front of the victim. She suddenly said, “Wow, I think I’ve been shot,” just as the eighth inning was coming to a close, Porter said.

“We thought she was joking, but everybody turned around and she showed me the blood coming down from her elbow,” Porter said. “It looked real purple and red and it looked like there was a hole in her jacket.” 

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/baseball-fan-grazed-by-stray-bullet-during-cardinals-game-at/article_a8eba213-11bf-5b4f-a0e3-a8a730568ca6.html

I wonder if someone just fired a shot in the air like a dipshit, they do come down, I'm not sure if people realize this.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

I wonder if someone just fired a shot in the air like a dipshit, they do come down, I'm not sure if people realize this.

That's why I hate it when people fire off shots for New Year's. Freaking idiots. 

• Like 3

On 5/3/2017 at 10:15 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

And I'd rather have DaddyoFive, Pat Robertson, and John Rocker own the Marlins than Jeff Loria. 

Cool because don't be surprised if you end up with Dave Stewart running the front office

According to Nightengale, Stewart had initially assembled his own team of investors in an effort to purchase the Marlins but has now instead joined the Romney team. Moreover, Nightengale writes that it is believed that Stewart would run the Marlins’ baseball operations department if Romney’s group ultimately succeeds in buying the team. Specific details of the arrangement aren’t yet known and may not even be firmly established just yet, however; for instance, FanRag’s Robert Murray tweets that Stewart would be an advisor but would not have a direct seat in the front office. It’s possible that there are various scenarios being bandied about, though further clarity will surely emerge with MLB’s owners meetings looming later this month.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/05/dave-stewart-part-of-romney-led-ownership-group-in-pursuit-of-marlins.html

I was watching the A's postgame yesterday or the day before and Stewart was on that show, I figured that was his new full time gig.

I thought the Marlins were trying to get better, not take steps backwards. Stewart running baseball ops is going to be bad fucking news.

So Gonzalez hits the DL ensuring Cody Bellinger stays up, and the kid goes yard twice. Puig had a fun night, couple of nice plays in the field, threw out a runner at 3rd and went 2-5 and scored a run. 

I feel like I'm talking to myself in here! Alderson just announced that Matt Harvey has been suspended for 3 games for "violating club rules" but wouldn't say what that violation was and didn't take any questions. Adam Wilk will start today in his spot.